iv. i wanna play

Team USA was leading six to nothing in their first game against Trinidad and Tobago. They all cheered as Connie scored their seventh goal of the game. They all cheered as Jesse soared down the ice. But he was pushed from behind into the net by a Trinidad player. Dean handed Harlow a bandana as they got ready to go out on the ice. She wrapped it in her hair and then put on her helmet. Dean, Fulton, and Harlow all jumped over the boards onto the ice. They knocked down any players that stood in the way of the puck.

Dean passed Harlow the puck and she shot it in the net. Everyone in the stadium cheered for them. They bowed to the crowd. "Thank you. Thank you very much." The boys slammed against each other as they kept cheering. "They're the bash brothers and bash babe!" Mr Tibbles' voice rang throughout the stadium. "Well, you're definitely our bash babe." Fulton said to Harlow. "And ours only." Dean added. Harlow felt a familiar rush in her core. She loved how dominant they were. But now was not the time to get horny.

The Trinidad and Tobago team soon scored and music started playing and they started dancing on the ice. Kenny then scored their ninth goal of the game as it ended. The entire team cheered and met on the ice. "Alright, way to go! That wasn't a game, that was a statement!" Coach Bombay said to them. They all cheered and headed off the ice.

***

"Ladies and gentlemen, team USA hockey." Mr Tibbles said as they all joined him on the stage in their team USA tracksuits. "And the man chosen to lead them to the gold, Gordon Bombay." They all clapped. "Bring the bear up here. This is Henry, the Hendrix bear." A man in a bear suit came up on stage with them. "What the hell is that?" Harlow said, somewhat scared. "Guys, I want you to come in, get some shots with the bear."

Harlow moved back into Fulton as the bear stood in front of her. He wrapped his arms around her waist. "Hello, everybody! It's great to be here!" The bear said. A picture was taken and then he got off the stage and Harlow relaxed. "You scared of mascots or something?" Fulton asked her. "No, she's scared of bears." Julie said to her sister's boyfriend. Fulton laughed and Harlow pouted. "Okay, we're gonna open it up to questions. Yes." Mr Tibbles said.

A blonde woman stood up. "Team USA, how does it feel competing on the international level here in Los Angeles?" She asked. "Um-" Coach Bombay started off but the kids interrupted him. "Feels good." "Love it." "Fucking awesome." Harlow shouted and Fulton wrapped his arms around her face, covering her mouth. "You need to quiet down." He said and Harlow obeyed him. Another woman stood up. "Coach Bombay, the Vikings from Iceland are the heavy favorite. Their coach has already guaranteed victory. How are you gonna handle them?"

"Um, hard work. I think our team is ready to go up against the best in the world. We're not worried about em. Iceland may be tough, but, uh, we're team USA and we're goin all the way." Coach Bombay said into the microphone. They all clapped. "Team USA's going down. That's where you're going." A man's voice rang out. "See you on the ice, Bombay." "Fuck you, you greasy mole rat looking asshole!" Harlow shouted out. Dean picked her up by the waist. "That's it. We're taking you back to the dorms." He said, leaving with her in his arms with Fulton following them.

***

The girls were woken up by screaming in the hallway, and loud music coming from down the hall. "I got it." Harlow said, getting out of her bed and walking towards Dean and Fulton's room. She didn't even bother knocking. She just opened the door and slammed it behind her. Fulton and Dean were playing air guitar with their hockey sticks but dropped them and turned to look at her.

"Shut the fuck up." She said to her boyfriends. "Make us." Fulton said. Harlow huffed and rolled her eyes. "What do you want?" She asked. Dean and Fulton looked at each other before looking back at Harlow, smirking. "Fine." Harlow said, grabbing the ponytail buckle off her wrist and pulling her hair back.

***

Team USA was leading Italy six to nothing. Harlow and Dean did a double check on a player that was gunning for Fulton. They accidentally knocked the ref down too. Fulton lined up in front of the net and took his shot, hitting to goalie, knocking him down and sending the puck into the net. "Yeah!" He cheered. They won eleven to nothing once the game was over.

***

Julie knocked on the window of coach Bombay's office while Harlow just banged on the glass. Coach Bombay gestured for them to come in. He gestured for them to sit down while he was on the phone. "What's up?" He asked when he hung up. "I wanna play. When am I gonna get my chance?" Julie asked. "Julie, Goldberg's on a hot streak. I gotta stick with him as long as we're winning." Coach Bombay told her.

"I understand, but I left my team in Maine to show the world what I can do." Julie told him. "Just give it time. You will show the world. I promise. Okay?" Julie nodded. "Alright. Now get outta here." Julie left but Harlow stayed. "What do you want, Wolverine?" Coach Bombay asked, bringing out the nickname. "You better let her play, Coach. Because if there's on thing I don't fool around about, it's my sister."

***

Harlow, Fulton, and Dean walked down the street. "You did a good job, Fulton." Dean said, trailing his finger along the hickeys that littered Harlow's neck. "Thanks, man." They fist bumped. "Hey, no curfew's gonna keep us down. Ice cream." Dean said. They went to walk in but saw coach Bombay with a blonde woman. The Iceland trainer.

Dean pushed them behind a tree as they watched their coach. They came out when they were far enough away. "Look at this. She's an Iceland chick. What's he doin with her? Great coach we got." Dean said, walking away, dragging Harlow with him.