Chapter 1

There is nothing more beautiful than spending a cloudy afternoon in the grass feeling the breeze on your face and by your side is the man with whom you want to be always. This is the way Raechel feels next to Oscar, the man with whom she has a secret relationship for almost 4 months.

Oscar is a worker in Raechel's father's small vineyard, so Oscar is not a money man unlike Raechel.
She is from a high-class family, with a good social position. But she is not like any rich girl. She doesn't show off what she has. She prefers walking through the pasture, than spending a day at the mall. She is not like her mother, who only cares about social appearances and wealth. Raechel learned the humility from her father and that of her nanny, who by the way is the only one who knows about the secret relationship.

Oscar, for his part, started working very young, mainly in agriculture. His parents died at age 10 and he had no one else.
Precisely because of differences in social position they have been keeping their relationship secret.
But they didn't want to think about all that, they were alone enjoying the sunset. Both were sitting on the grass in silence and happy. Indeed happy.

"It's lovely to take this time to see the sunset with you", Raechel says with a big smile.

"Not as lovely as having you for me the whole time" Oscar responds, focusing only on her beautiful face, not the sunset.

Oscar begins to reach out to kiss her. "I love you so much" she says, and he rapidly puts his lips on hers.

"You don't know how much I want you...how much I desire you" Oscar says as he begins to touch her leg and slide his hand from above her knee to the top. He wanted to go further, but Raechel stops him.

Raechel giggles, "Slow down, honey"

Oscar complains, "Come on, we've been together for months.". He raised his voice a bit, but quickly apologizes.

"I'm sorry...I just...don't you think that its time to move our relationship foward?"

Raechel feels a bit indignant with that question, because he has not shown any interest in commitment. They have never talked about living together, or having children, or marriage. Even if they do, some way or another he evades it.

Raechel wants to make things the right way. If he really wants to take their relationship to the next level, her parents would have to know first.

"Then you should talk to my father." she answers.

Oscar have heard this before but the thought of that her parents will never approve their relationship invades him. "They'll never accept me. I'm no rich boy that your mother wants for you. That's why we should leave everything and run away. Please"

This has been Oscar's proposal since they've become a thing. He wouldn't lose anything, but Raechel does. She would leave her father and her nanny behind. She imagines how they would react if she runs away with a man, they'll be dissapointed, mostly her father since he has a serious heart disease. The dissapointment would kill him. She would never stand that.
"Maybe my mother won't but I care only about my father. He's a good man. I want to do things right if this is serious. Even if they don't accept you, I wouldn't care, at least I would know that you faced them for me"

He surrendered to her pleading voice and said "Alright". He finally accept.

Raechel wanted to make sure that he was serious. "Really? You promise?"