Chapter 11

They were all getting ready for the county fair. Raechel wore a white dress, with a wide belt around her waist, and boots with Tabitha's suggestion. Benjamin enters the room and stared dumbly at her standing before a mirror. He had no words. Raechel just gives a shy smile and blushes.

The day seemed perfect for the ocassion. Sunny and warm. The county fair was located on the center of the village. They arrive with Theo.

For the next two hours, they would play sideshow games. Throwing darts at a wall of balloons, pitching baseballs at a wall of beer bottles, and water guns, just like the one they played when they first met. Benjamin won a stuffed bunny for Raechel, returning the one she had given to the girl from the past carnival. Benjamin and Raechel got the chance to teach people about farming.

Then, as the sunset, Benjamin and Raechel would take a rest sitting on a picnic table, observing the people from the village having fun. Raechel hasn't faded her smile at all, neither did Benjamin. He looks at her seeing she is happy, but he wanted to make sure.

"Rae, are you...happy...in here?" he asks nervously.

"Aside my father and Angie, I don't miss anything. I am happy. Thanks to you.", she admits it because its true. He is blissful to know that he made her feel comfortable, even happy. It was a way to let him know that she has forgotten and forgiven everything.

He takes her hand. The looks are intense. He wants to kiss her, but he stops himself because he wants her to do it. He wasn't going to force her, he never intended to.

But she isn't sure what she's feeling. Maybe she'll know once she says it, but will she be able? "Benjamin, I ..."

"Hey, guys! The kids from the clinic. They are here. They want to talk to you." Theo calls them.

Both turn their heads. Raechel races holding Benjamin's hand. Benjamin passes Theo making him a face.

Realizing what he done, Theo apologises whispering, "I'm sorry"

****

They headed to a dance floor that was a little isolated from the fair.

"Surprise!", all kids yelled of joy.

Tabitha is with them. The nurses clapping, kids throwing rose pedals at them.

Benjamin and Raechel's minds are blown,"What is this?", they asked.

"It's a surprise wedding", one of the kids respond.

"Why...? How did you...?"

"I organized this", Tabitha confesses. Raechel realizes that Tabitha's suggestion of wearing the white dress was for a reason.

"The kids appreciate you and your husband's kindness. They thought that you guys could relive your most happiest day, your wedding.", one of the nurses says.

Well, they can't really say that their wedding was their happiest day. It was full of betrayal, anger, and hate. Raechel's vows in her head were to hate Benjamin. Now that she knows that she can't keep that vow, she could renew her vows. This time with honesty and love. They didn't have the perfect wedding but they might as well recreate it.

As it couldn't get better, one of the kids gave Raechel a bouquet of daises, and put a daisy on Benjamin's chest pocket.

A 12 year old boy stands before them, playing the role of the minister.
Neither Benjamin or Raechel stop laughing at the children's occurrences.

"The bride and groom present their vows.", the boy says.

Benjamin took Raechel's hand, "Rae, I always believed that my life was very dark. But you are the ray of light that makes it shine. I confess I made mistakes to get to you, because I thought a look was enough. But now I know that it is more than that. Now that I know you, I found what unites a marriage and a family. Love. I fell in love with you, with your inner and outer beauty. I will always love you as you are."