Chapter 7

Raechel needs someone to talk to. She feels so lonely.

After Benjamin left, she didn't hesitate to sneak in his office and take the phone. She makes a call to her house, hoping either Arthur or Angie would answer.

"Hello?", Arthur answers the phone.

After two days without seeing her father, Raechel gets emotional and struggles to speak without sounding sad until she succeeds with a barely trembling voice, "Hi, father"

"Sweetheart, how great is to hear your voice", Arthur responds heart-warmed.

"I miss you, father."

"I miss you too. How are you doing?"

She evades his question. She doesn't want to lie to him saying that she is doing fine when she is totally not.
"What about you? How is everyone?"

"Can't be more happier. You should see the vineyard. Its beginning to bear fruit. Everything seems better."

Hearing her father express happiness gives her relief and peace of mind, at least part of it.

"I'm so glad for you. I'm happy to hear you again."

"You should tell your husband to give us a visit. Maybe a weekend"

"I'll talk to him.", she hears Benjamin arriving. "My husband just arrived. We'll talk later"

"Alright. I sent you hugs and kisses".

"Say hi to Angie. I love you dad"

Raechel puts the phone down and gets out of the office. Benjamin is found in front of her.
"What were you doing in my office?", he interrogates

"I was speaking on the phone with my father"

Benjamin looks at her with distrust. He can expect for her to speak with anyone, including her lover. Of course, she knows it.

"If you want, call him back"

"Alright. I believe you. But I ask you not to use the phone if I'm not present"

Its unbelievable that Benjamin doesn't let her to use the phone whenever she wants. Raechel feels like she is in prison. "This is not fair"

"I'm sorry. I don't trust you."

Raechel is tired of being at home. She was never used to be at home for a long time. She wants to explore and find an entertainment.
"Won't you at least let me go to have a walk on the village? Find something to do? I need to be busy on something.", she demands.

She's right. She's been indoors ever since she came. Benjamin at the moment wants please her, especially if he wants to remedy what he did. Still, he doesn't trust her to go alone. He fears that she might use this to her advantage and run away.

"Alright, you could go to meet the village, but with me. We will leave at noon." and Raechel agrees.

***

Their home is isolated from the village. The village is not far away. Probably 15 minutes away.

The majority of the houses have their own space. Each with their own greenery. There was a church in the center. There were no buildings she was used to. Everything seems very small. Small houses. Small families. Small markets. Small bistros.

As Benjamin drove, Raechel looks at the window admiring the village. She loves how everyone know each other and get along, and work hard. They were happy with a little they had.

While she was knowing the village, she realized that Benjamin is a very well known man. Every stop they made, people greeted him with a good face. People esteem him very much. Though Benjamin was the richest among them, he was the modest. He is the one who gives them what they need. He provides them with milk, fruit, and clothing. Thanks to him, many businesses in the village go ahead.