Chapter 4

Benjamin was invited to the anniversary of the Watson's business. After all, thanks to him, the winery hasn't completely ruined. He knew it was a great opportunity to meet with Raechel and begin to make her fall in love.

As the day passed, Angie was encouraging Rachel to agree to go to the event. It's been more than a week. It was time for her to move on and continue to enjoy her youth.
Rachel was not in the mood. How can she think about having fun after all she's been through lately? Her boyfriend broke up with her, her father's health was deteriorating and her mother was pressuring her to marry a wealthy man. But this party could make her forget that for a day.

Beatrice wanted to make sure that Raechel could dress up as beautiful as possible.
Before the event, they went to shopping to look for the perfect dress, but Raechel's not so excited to go shopping.
"Princess, many important families will be there. This party is a good opportunity for you to charm a man"
She doesn't specify that Benjamin is 'the man'.

Raechel is still on thoughts about marrying a wealthy man. Maybe if she finds a man and know if she might do it. At the end, she is doing for her father's sake and her mother's pressure.

***

The evening came. The string lights turned on. Wine barrels were everywhere. People tasting the new made wines.

Benjamin shows up, wearing a long sleeve blue button down shirt, blacks jeans, and boots. His clothing was more casual and less elegant for the evening. Beatrice was a bit disgusted by that. For her, a man from countryside among refined people is insulting. She tries to hold on her disgust since that man is the one who will save them from ruin.

Benjamin would notice her disgusted staring, but that didn't matter to him. If he wanted to win Raechel's heart, she must see him as he is.

Arthur sees Benjamin and approaches to him, "I'm glad you could make it Benjamin".

"Thank you for inviting me sir"

"If it wasn't for you this wouldn't even have been planned. Listen, I know my wife spoke to you about lowering the bill and you lend us money to renew the mortgage. I don't want to take advantage of your generousity. I promise that I will pay you back. Every cent."

"Thats not necessary. I already told you that I like to help."

"I insist"

Arthur is impressed of how a wealthy man like him doesn't show off what he has. He is like his daughter. "My daughter is like that. Do you know she gives up most of her savings for charity?", Arthur says proudly

Benjamin is blissful to know a bit about Raechel. She has grown on a rich family, but gives what she has to others. She is definitely the woman.

Raechel show up to the party, wearing a lavender halter neck pleated dress. Benjamin couldn't be more charmed of her. Raechel's beauty shine the night, but not her mood. There was no smile on her face.

Raechel hadn't remembered him 'til she saw him again. She was surprised by the way he dressed for the occasion, as if he didn't feel shame of showing what he is. She admired that.

He would not stop looking at her and she at him. But only Benjamin would smile. That's how it was until she turn her gaze and walked away from the party. Benjamin is confused about how she behaved. She was not alright so he goes after her. Angie also noticed that Raechel moved away and wanted to go with her, but Beatrice stops her so that at last the two of them could talk.

She's standing to admire the small vineyard that is found close to the winery, which brought her memories of Oscar.
But its interrupted by Benjamin's voice, "Rae? Are you okay?"