Chapter 9

Benjamin driving his truck with Theo. He's driving around the cattle to take a look. He plans to park under the shade of a tree. Curiously, as he intends to brake lightly, the truck wasn't loosing its acceleration. He is getting close to the tree.

"What's wrong? Why don't you stop?", Theo asks frightened.

"I don't know.". He steps on the brakes more firmly, with no results.
"The brakes...they're not working!".

He turns the wheel to the right to evades the tree. It led him to a few cows in front and quickly spins the wheel again before running them over.

The truck takes time to slow down. For avoiding the cows, they end up sliding down a hill. The truck collides with a tree found down the hill, causing a hit on their forehead. They are rendered unconcious.

***

"I missed you. Your lips. Your body", Oscars says while he kisses her.

Raechel turns her face away from him.
Oscar is shocked by her reaction. "Whats wrong? Didn't you miss me?", he gets a bit angered.

"No, I did. Its just..." Raechel doesn't know what to say. She did missed him. But if she loves Oscar, then why isn't she all happy about his arrival. Instead she asks, "How did you find me?"

"I got a job in here. With a different name. Just so you know...here I am William Tremblay. I didn't want to leave any suspicions" Oscar says with excitement.

Like if hiding his identity was a good way to get to her. Instead of facing Benjamin to claim the woman he loves, he arrives with lies.

"But that doesn't matter. The important thing is that I'm here. I'm here to take you. God, Raechel, we need to go."
The old proposal is back.

"Now?"

"Yes, now. We waited for so long. I won't let you go. I can't lose you."

Raechel has gaze of doubts. When she was dating Benjamin, she was feeling bad for giving him false hopes. Now they're married and Benjamin was treating her well lately. She doesn't want to make the same mistake again. She promised herself that she will get close to her husband.

Oscars knows that face of confusion and begs with desperation. "Please, don't say no. You're gonna kill me."

"I'm sorry, Oscar. I think-", before she said aything else she hears Tabitha calling her. "They're looking for me. Oscar, give me time to think.", Raechel say to end the conversation.

"Why do you need to think about it!?", Oscar raises his voice once again.

"Please, Oscar. I'm a married woman. I need to think. Alright?", she walks away from him.

Oscar is madden towards Raechel lack of answer. "You're mine, Raechel. Mine! Please, remember that."

Raechel looks at him with disbelief. She didn't like the way he said that she was his.

Raechel finds Tabitha, almost approaching the barn, "Breakfast is ready. I thought you may want to eat before you go on with the horses."

"Thank you". Raechel looks back to make sure Oscar isn't making any prescence. She is trembling and Tabitha notices it.

"It's everything alright?

"Yes.", she affirms when of course is not alright. She wants to tell her, but how can she tell that she just meet with her lover.

****

Raechel has finished with her chores with the horses. Tabitha was there to check on her. She did a good job. Benjamin taught her well. She was able to do something she thought she never could.