Chapter Thirty

"Hush.." Katsuki whispered, rocking the baby Anita in his arms. The almost three month old baby was fussy, and Kaminari and Kirishima had to go to an appointment for Anika. She wasn't eating as much and cried a lot more. The mates were more then worried for their safety of their children.

The Alpha glanced at his mate, sleeping on the couch, his hands on his belly. His green hair was messy, it casting a messy shadow on his face. His lips were  pressed shut, as his chest rising and falling as he breathed peacefully.

Katsuki smiled, as Anita began crying again. He frowned, while walking to the fridge and heating up a prepared milk bottle for her. Once it was warm, and safe for her to drink without burning her, he sat down at the opposite couch, holding the baby as he fed her. His eyes soft, as Anita stared back at him. Her beautiful golden eyes were huge, and Katsuki seemed captivated by them.

Katsuki never thought he would like kids, much less have one of his own.

He was far from wrong.

Seeing and helping his friends— family— with their children made him more than eager to start a family of his own. Sure, he was young to have a kid, but he wasn't worried about finances. He had a house for them. He could provide for them.

He just had to be gentle.

Carefulness and being patient hasn't been something that he knew well of. Anyone could see that, but catering to children took a different kind of patience he had to find deep within himself.

Katsuki was sure he could be a good father. He knew he was going to give it his all, like he did with all of his tasks. He wasn't going to hurt them. He wasn't going to abandon them. Although Katsuki and his parents bantered all the time, he knew they did all they could to raise him. He wanted to be like them, but better.

"Mhm.." Izuku squirmed in his sleep, his face contorting of pain. The pain he felt during his pregnancy now, becoming too much for him. The doctor said they would try and find medication to dull the pain, but so far it wasn't any good.

Katsuki frowned, as Izuku slowly opened his eyes. He hadn't been able to sleep as much these past couple of days because of how bad the pain was. "Hey, kitten." Katsuki whispered, as he looked down at Anita. She swatted her bottle away, indicating she was full.

"Good morning, Kacchan." Izuku's voice was low. as his eyes were barely opened.

"Deku, you should go back to sleep." Katsuki suggested as he burped Anita, laying a blanket over his shoulder and placing her on top of it. He was always sure to be extra careful with burping her because he didn't want to hurt or cause her harm.

"Mhm.. soon." Izuku yawned as he stood up, grimacing as he touched his belly. "I'm going to go pee."

"Need help?" As Izuku shook his head no, Katsuki nodded. "Call me if fucking anything."

Once Izuku disappeared into the bathroom, Katsuki's phone began to ring. He picked it up quickly, fearful the ringer would cause Anita to be fussy again. "What?" He asked, realizing he didn't even bother to look at the caller i.d.

But he didn't expect to hear a hysterical Kaminari in the background.

"A-Anika!" Kaminari wailed. Katsuki's eyes widened, as he laid Anita in her playpen. He sat on the couch, his heartbeat rapidly increasing.

"What happened? What fucking happened?!" Katsuki demanded.

"She.. she has a brain tumor." Kirishima mumbled. "It's causing her to not eat. Or control her tears."

Katsuki felt his heart drop, not beginning to imagine what his friends are feeling. "Are they going to fucking remove it?"

"The earliest they could see her for an emergency surgery is in a couple of days. But until then, we just have to keep an eye on her."

Izuku walked back into the living room, he looked at Katsuki with a questioning look. As Katsuki shook his head in disbelief, Kirishima sighed over the phone.

"I don't know what to do. Kami is hysterical over here, and I'm trying to hold it in—"

"She's gonna be okay, alright, Shitty Hair? I'll help out as much as I can. We all will."

"Thanks man. I have to go, some nurses are trying to sedate Kami. I'll keep you updated." As Kirishima hung up the phone, Katsuki sighed.

"Is everything okay, Kacchan?" Izuku asked, sitting on his mates lap, his eyebrow furrowed in confusion.

"Fucking Anika. She has a brain tumor." As Izuku's eyes widened, Katsuki looked over at the now sleeping Anita, who laid peacefully in her playpen. "They're gonna remove it but the earliest they can do it is in a couple of days. DunceFace is freaking the fuck out. Can't blame him though." Katsuki frowned, as he rubbed Izuku's belly. "How are you feeling, kitten?"

"S-sore. But I'll be okay. Worried bout Anika now." Izuku mumbled, not even beginning to fathom the stress Kirishima and Kaminari were feeling. "She's gonna be okay, right?"

"Of fucking course."

———————————————————
Anika was in fact okay.

The tumor she was suffering with was successful removed, and now she was just healing. She would have a scar running on the side of her head, but nothing that her hair couldn't cover if it bothered her.

Izuku was now five months pregnant and was much more in pain. Two more months of pain, and his son would be here.

Currently, as Izuku waddled into the living room, where all his friends were watching a movie, he took a deep breath. He stopped, leaning on a wall to catch his breath.

"Need help, Deku?" Katsuki asked, as he began to stand up. But Izuku smiled and shook his head.

"No, no. I'll be fi—" Izuku stopped, as a gasp left his lips. His eyes widened, while he looked down, a puddle of water now under him. He blinked a few times, before holding his stomach, an indescribable pain traveling his body.

"Izuku?!" Katsuki shot to his feet, unaware of what was happening.

"I- I think I'm going into labor."

To Be Continued
1050 Words