Memories

You plunged into Loki's mind, tumbling into darkness. Memories flared up around you, as you began to sift through them. Memories of Loki as a child, mostly at first. You continued, watching some as you went. There was your debutante ball, where you had danced with the raven haired god. You were surprised he kept the memory. As the memories became more recent you noticed a theme in them. Odin would yell at Loki, belittling him, and Loki would retaliate.

Out of the corner of your eye you spotted a different memory. Loki kneeling before Odin, sobbing as Odin yelled at him. You turned away, not wanting to intrude on the obviously private memory. At the center of his memories you found what you were looking for.

You couldn't help but gasp in horror. You watched Loki be manipulated by his own staff, controlled by a mad titan by the name of Thanos. "Bring me the tesseract, and you can have earth in return." You pushed past it and what you saw made you freeze in horror. "You failed me. And this is simply your punishment." The voice of the mad titan rang through Loki's mind. A flash of white hot pain flared in his mind, traveling down his body.

You continued forward, your magic ripping out, searching for the source of the pain. It wrapped around the small purple core, shattering it. As Loki relaxed, you quickly slipped out of his mind. "Shhhh. It's ok. Your ok." You soothed the god, tears streaming down his cheeks. "He's gone, he can't hurt you." You whispered, allowing a blanket of sleep to drift over him.

Turning around you quickly left the cell, leaving Loki to recover. You hurried into the elevator, and reached the main floor, where you all lived. With the new information at hand you called an Avengers meeting.

"Well kid? Find anything worth our time?" You nod. "What did you find?" Opening your mouth, nothing comes out. The horrors you witnessed have taken a physical toll on you. "I...I'll show you." Reaching out, you tapped into their minds one by one, replaying the scene that had unfolded in front of you." By the time you finished, your magic was depleted. It would be a miracle if you could walk to your room. "So reindeer games was controlled by purple panini chin?" Tony asked incredulously. "Hold up. Reindeer games and purple panini chin?" You chuckle. "He means Loki and Thanos." Steve adds. "Ok thanks cap."

"Ok so what are we going to do about Loki then? We can't just let him walk free." You nod, agreeing with Clint. "I say we give him a chance to prove himself. We can give him a room in the tower, let him live with us for a few months. After that, we can consider removing the cuffs."  You grin. "I think that's a great idea. That way I can have him in my healing ward as well." Nat rolled her eyes at you. "Fine but I expect you and him to join me for training. Starting tomorrow."

You sigh. "Fine." Tony pinches the bridge of his nose. "I'll talk to fury." Thor cheers, and grabs a jug of Asgardian mead. "Let's celebrate!" You shake your head. "Nu uh. Clint blacked out for days last time you brought that out." You turn around, heading for the elevator. "Hey! Where you going kid!" Tony shouts. "I'm a healer. And I have a patient." The elevator doors close, as you descend, bringing you closer to Loki.

A/n : sorry for the short chapter :(