r o u n d 21

-

-

Anne was currently out of their apartment since she suggested bringing Hana to the amusement park that just opened near the town. She already asked Mary to borrow her car for the day and now, they were in front of the apartment building, buying some ice creams before they go.

"Momi! Can I go to Nini at the playground? I could see her from here and I wanna play with her before we go."

"Yes, of course, you can, cupcake. But, wait for me first and we will-"

The sound of a crash and screeching tires got her attention as she quickly turned her head from the ice creams that were on her hand to the road not too far from where she was standing. She immediately dropped the ice creams once she saw her daughter was nowhere can be seen and quickly ran towards the road that now was started to get crowded by people.

"Hana! Ha- Oh my God, my cupcake!" She kneeled down on her knees as her tears started to burst before she could control them. She put her daughter's head on her thighs as she cried.

"Please, Hana! You can't leave me! You love momi, right? Please!" She kept stroking Hana's hair as she hugged her small figure firmly. Hana just could hold onto her mother's arm as she could not bear the pain that struck through her every part of her body. Her blood started to pool around them on the road.

The car now was nowhere could be seen but, Anne could care less about that now. The only thing that she cared about is her daughter right now while the whole world around her seems to disappear as if there's only her and Hana there.

"I will call the ambulance for you." A person from the crowd said as that woman quickly fished out her phone and started to call the emergency line.

"I already reported this as a hit-and-run case." Another one called out after he hung up on the call he was on just now. And, Anne could not ask for more at that moment. She's glad people around her willingly want to help her while she was lost in her world.

-

Anne already fell asleep after crying for hours and Jungkook was still awake, waiting for the doctor to come out of the room. He just let their hands kept intertwined with each other as Anne's head still leaning on his shoulder. From time to time, he would caress her hand that was in his grip on his thigh.

The sudden open of the emergency room brought his attention as the doctor slowly pulled out his mask. He looked around to everyone that was there, waiting in front of the room.

"Hey, babe. Wake up." Jungkook slowly trailing his fingers through Anne's hair as Anne opened her eyes as a reflex to the soft touch given by Jungkook. Her puffy eyes slowly brought towards the doctor as she stood up and ran towards the doctor almost immediately.

"Doctor. What happened to my daughter? Is she okay? She made it, right? She did not leave me, right?" Anne bombarded the doctor with questions, showing how anxious she was at the moment.