01| Home Sweet Home |

Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.
12:04 pm.

The strong lavender scent exuding from the flowers on the compound of the Airport descended on her. She dragged her luggage holding her bag firmly, she stopped when she got out of the building. Heaving a sigh, she closed her eyes hoping that when she opens them she will see her brother, who was supposed to come to pick her up from the Airport.

She opened her eyes and heaved a sigh of disappointment, she dragged her luggage and took a sit. She is finally back to her hometown after so many years, it feels surreal. It was just 6 years ago she left for Dubai to finish her studies and now she is back, she couldn't be happier.

She missed everyone, her mother, her father, ya Ridwan, ya heenah and her cute little baby girl that she saw only on camera, ruhainah, and the rest of them. She can't wait to meet them and hugged the hell out of their lives, well except for Ya Ridwan, she is angry at him for keeping her waiting at the Airport like this, she won't spare him.

A small smile made its way to her lips, looking around her, she is so excited that she is back. Her eyes searched around the crowd of people hugging their relatives and crying, tears of joy. Her eyes landed on a familiar face, he was leaning against his car waving at her.

She abruptly got up and shouted enthusiastically. "Ya Ridwan."she rushed to him and embraced him so violently that they almost fell.

"I miss you so much, Ya Ridwan,"she confessed her eyes Welling up with tears, she has forgotten about her being angry at him.

"I miss you too, my little munchkin."he pinched both of her cheeks and she smacked his hands away clearing her throat.

"I'm not a kid anymore, ya Ridwan. I'm a grown-up lady."he smiled knowingly, slipping his hands on her shoulder as they walk to where she left her luggage.

"Where is ya heenah?."she questioned staring at her brother, who smiled and turned to her.

"She is at home, she kept insisting that she will follow me but I declined. So she is angry at me, I don't even want to go back to that house."he joked and they both laughed.

He picked up her luggage and she picked up her bag, she brought out her phone to check the time, and glancing at the screen, she gasped and shouted. "12:55."

He rose his eyebrows at her and gave her the sorry look and said. "it's not my fault, you should blame heenah."

She shook her head at him and squinted an eye. "I'm not blaming her, I'm blaming you for not doing the job that you were assigned well."

"How can I make it up to you?."

She thought for a while before she replied to him. "Let's reach home in five minutes."he stared at her jaw dropped. He doesn't drive recklessly, he is a very gentle driver, a good samaritan, he only drives at the speed limit provided and not like he owns the road.

"You know that I can't do it, the only person who can do that is Haidar."he didn't expect her to smile the way she did. Normally, whenever he talks to her about Haidar, she either changes the topic or frown.

"He can be crazy sometimes."she stated with a sad smile, she opened the door to the front seat and sat down. "I remembered when he picked me up from school."she also remembered it was the last time he picked her up from school. That day it was her mother's birthday and ya Ridwan, ya sule planned a birthday party for her, she wanted to attend the birthday party so badly but because she has lectures and she was done with her lectures late, she was late for the birthday party and was afraid that ya Ridwan and sa'eed will eat all the cake without her.