f i v e

———————

———————

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 | 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝔚ℌ𝔈𝔑 Jupiter woke up, she could still hear the gentle waves and smell the fresh ocean air. She swore that for a second the breeze was still shifting against her hair, but instead, she was greeted by the homey smell of her dormitory room.

Earlier that morning, Jupiter's keen senses had been alerted to the sound of her other roommates getting ready for their classes. She listened as they whispered in curiosity of her and heard how Lottie had explained it to the others.

Thankfully, they were all polite enough to be as quiet as possible and not wake her up despite their interest. Unfortunately, years of training had forced Jupiter to be a light sleeper with senses sharper than a knife. And so, even after they had all left for classes, Jupiter had a hard time falling back asleep. She was so used to being awake early, after all.

The only thing allowing her to sleep was the time difference between Scotland and Washington. In Washington, it was still at least four in the morning. Sooner rather than later, Jupiter was awake again and flitting around the now empty dorm room.

The curtain from her bed had been drawn back and the sheets were made. Admittedly, despite its small size, the bed was extremely comfortable. Even more comfortable than her bed at home, Jupiter might daresay.

She figured it had to do with a spell of sorts. If so, she wanted to learn it to enchant her own bed.

Jupiter did not bother to shower, choosing instead to perform a simple cleaning spell on herself and start tugging on the school uniform. Light filtered through the windows, the curtains blowing from the small breeze that came through.

After the buttons to her white dress shirt were all done up, she easily folded her tie into place around her neck. Arcane had a series of different uniforms. The most common one to see the students in was the sporty athletic uniform that allowed them to perform most of their abilities easily.

The second one was more similar to Hogwarts.

While Hogwarts uniform required a skirt paired with a dress shirt and tie (that had changed to red upon her sorting) along with the sweater that went over the top of it: Arcane had a slightly similar one to that.

Instead of the skirt, Arcane required all students to wear dark dress pants (Jupiter was not complaining: even if it was a bit fancier than the normal uniform they still had to flip in it) a red dress shirt with a black checkered sweater vest over the top. It was the pristine white tie that ended it off.

The shoes for both schools were the same: ugly black dress shoes.

Upon staring at herself in the mirror, Jupiter frowned. Of course, she still looked like the same person, but she just looked... different. Her hair hung down in long midnight—almost blue—waves and she forced herself to hunch in just a bit to appear smaller and more meek.