t h r e e

———————

———————

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐬𝐤

𝕱𝖔𝖗 as long as she could remember, Jupiter had the uncanny ability to well... imitate anything and everything.

The moment someone spoke, their voice became imprinted in Jupiter's mind and she was capable of playing their voice back alike to a recorder. It mattered not how deep or high the voice was, not how raspy or clear, and not even if it was male or female — Jupiter took every chord, note, and string to perfectly imitate it.

This talent imposed another great skill as well — accents. Jupiter could speak with any accent or dialect she desired as long as she had heard it before. Of course, she was born and raised in California so her natural vocals were that of a "valley girl" American, but accents came like breathing to Jupiter.

It was a rather entertaining ability that her friends enjoyed listening to. More often than not, Jupiter sold herself as a sort of dancing monkey when she performed her mimicking abilities for the amusement of others. She did not much care as she rather enjoyed mocking Trainer Harkins or any other instructor whom she saw fit.

She had even done it to Apollo in his face once or twice, though he found it entertaining himself. Something that many Headmasters would not be so keen about.

"It has been decided that you will pose as a fifth-year student from Cardiff, Whales. You can do that accent, right? It would be extra suspicious if you were from America randomly transferring to Hogwarts..." Frazier grunted as Jupiter nodded in confirmation that she could, in fact, do a Cardiff accent.

"Good. As for your cover story: you are a half-blood with a witch for mother and a no-maj father, they thought it was important you get a good—"

"Actually," Oberidge interrupted, "I believe they call no-majes by the name of muggle in Europe," he explained.

"Yes, indeed they do," Apollo nodded in agreement as Frazier gave an annoyed sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose between his fingers.

Sometimes the Head of the Department of International Cooperation and Headmaster of Arcane Prep could really grind on the Auror Commissioner's nerves.

"Okay, muggles, whatever," Frazier said, while Jupiter made sure to note that fact, "like I was saying, your "parents" thought it best that you get a well-rounded muggle education so your mother only taught you magic at home. However, now that you are fifteen and your muggle education is nearly over they decided to send you to magical schooling for your last few years," Frazier explained the cover story, Jupiter nodding while taking everything in.

"The smaller details can be made up by you, what we told you is just the overall brunt of your story. Your name will remain the same, Marrs is a well-known name in America but not Great Britain, so you will be fine—" Oberidge tried saying only for Frazier to shake his head.