n i n e

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 | 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧

     𝕴𝕿 was later that night when Jupiter had turned the hallway that led to the entrance of the Great hall. She walked her head held high and eyes hard as steel. Multiple ghosts passed her by overhead, one of which was Nearly Headless Nick who had introduced himself just a few days earlier.

Jupiter thought it was amazing that each house had its own "house ghost".  That fact only added to Hogwarts' charm. As she walked, she bit her lip and cringed at the dryness. Swearing she had stored an extra chapstick somewhere in her pocket, Jupiter began patting down the pockets of her robes as she walked.

"Bingo," she muttered happily, pulling out the scentless chapstick.

Jupiter was exactly halfway to the entrance and had just finished applying the chapstick to her bottom lip when she felt it. Immediately, she paused in her steps and continued to apply the chapstick while staring at the entrance of the hall oddly.

It was incredibly hard to describe the feeling, but something was off about it. And there was still much noise coming from the hall meaning that students had been safely entering and leaving the place. Not to mention a few students were lingering on the outskirts in the corridor where they were chatting it up with each other.

Despite this, Jupiter refused to move only trying to figure out what was wrong with the entrance. She only got these immediate feelings when her magic was trying to warn her of something potentially threatening. It was another odditiy to add onto her vast list—her magic was simply weird.

The sound of quick-paced footsteps sounded behind her, and suddenly Professor Snape was walking past her his dark robes billowing behind him. Jupiter remained put only watching as Snape made his way closer to the Great Hall. She tilted her head ready to see if anything would happen.

And just as he was about to cross the threshold there was a loud, "Freddie, NO—STO..."

In an instant green and purple paint fell from the tops of the ceiling and Snape was drenched in a thick liquid of green and purple. Jupiter's mouth had fallen agape, her hand frozen as she held the chapstick.

She had been halfway through her top lip.

Her other hand slowly came up to cover her mouth in shock, and students were gasping in disbelief. Because no way... because even for the Weasley twins this was extremely ballsy. Actually—more like suicidal.

So Jupiter's senses had been correct—she should not have crossed through there.

She snorted finally, breaking through her haze of shock. Quiet sniggers escaped the teenage girl as she watched two identical twins reveal themselves from behind a large statue of a hog that had been sitting feet away.