t w o

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐰𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

———————

𝕯𝖊𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖊 everyone loving Arizona, it was a different story for her siblings. More or less, each and every one of them got annoyed by her constant boasting and narcissism. Jupiter, as much as she hated it, rarely ever voiced that annoyance to Arizona — rather the younger girl avoided her eldest sister when she could.

"I mean seriously Jupiter, you cannot be pulling stuff like that, and I don't care if the others roped you into it, next time you just say no. If I can say no then so can you. I mean, just last week I told four different guys no — four, Jupiter. And they were pretty hard to say no to, like have you seen Aiden Walzakey...?"

If Jupiter could bang her head against the wall and knock herself out, she would in a heartbeat. Jupiter watched her sister ramble with furrowed brows, she was not even sure how Arizona managed to talk so quick-paced without a single pause.

As they passed through the central manor of campus, Jupiter began getting irritated by the glances everyone was throwing her and her sister. However, it was nothing new, whenever Arizona was involved eyes simply drew to her in marvel.

Eyes drew to Jupiter as well, but not so much in marvel as much as gaping in nature. Near purple eyes was odd and it seemed everyone at Arcane Prep knew of Jupiter's status as the black sheep of the Marrs family. While many did not know the exact reason why (her father and Slyvia would die before allowing the fact that Jupiter was a bastard child slip) people had their theories.

Jupiter's personal favorite rumor was that she was adopted and actually the biological daughter of the Headmaster, Apollo. It certainly seemed that way at times seeing as Apollo had particular favoritism toward Jupiter.

There were only two people in Jupiter's life who had ever favored her above her siblings. Her grandmother (her father's mom) Marie and Headmaster Apollo who had taken a liking to Jupiter's sharp tongue and curious nature. It irked Arizona to no end, something that made Jupiter smirk.

Arizona was always trying extra hard to weave her way into being above Jupiter on Apollo's list of favorite students, but it never seemed to work. She had been trying since Jupiter arrived at Arcane when she was eleven, but it had escalated times ten ever since this year began as it was Arizona's final year and this would be her last chance to prove herself as Apollo's favorite.

She and Arizona turned a corner, Arizona still not letting up on her rambling. They were currently walking through the building of educational classes. Posters and flyers with moving pictures were stamped to the walls, bright colors splattered about randomly.