s i x

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱 | 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐨𝐲

    𝕵𝖀𝕻𝕴𝕿𝕰𝕽 strolled through the corridors of Hogwarts as though she owned the castle. Headphones were placed over her ears as she explored the corridors, her minidisc player was hidden under her robes in one of the many pockets.

For the majority of the day, she had been avoiding the student population and exploring the castle during the hours of class. In that time, she had been able to learn much about the castle. She found a variety of secret passages including some sort of tunnel guarded by a whomping willow tree.

Jupiter decided to put off exploring that tunnel until a better day.

Instead, she bopped her head and allowed her feet to move to the rhythm of the song she was listening to as she walked. Salt-N-Pepa had released this song relatively recently, and it was hit in the muggle world of California.

Seeing as Jupiter and her family lived in California, Jupiter was pretty immersed in the pop culture of it all. Her brother was worse than her; however, she had no doubt if he was in her place he would be moonwalking through the corridors listening to Michael Jackson or something along those lines.

Mouthing the lyrics ever-so-slightly, Jupiter paused to spin on her toes before nodding her head dramatically and walking with style. She was somewhere on the seventh corridor floors now, and as most classes for the day were finished it was a good thing she was on the least busy floor of all.

It was why after she spun and shuffled her way around the corner that she was surprised to find Harry Potter staring out of one of the large windows. She immediately became quiet (not that she was making much noise, to begin with) and debated her options.

Standing still for a few seconds, allowing Salt-N-Pepa to drift through her ears blankly: Jupiter made a game plan on the spot. Jupiter was quick with her thoughts, she was amazing at coming up with stuff on the fly. Not quite as good as her older brother, Titan, but a close second surprisingly. She beat out both Kingston and Arizona in that aspect.

Jupiter had been planning on approaching Harry in two days' time after she had attended at least one day of classes. Originally, she wanted to approach him shyly and as a quiet new girl individual who was friendless. The lost puppy approach nearly always worked, especially on guys.

But now, she had an even better plan. While she did not need to be outlandishly loud, she could come across as interesting and unique. She doubted many students here used minidisc players to listen to music.

But then again, she was pretty sure Hogwarts grounds normally messed with technology like that. Thanks to her genius of a friend, Timmy: he had tinkered on her player to make it immune to the forces of magic.

And thank God for that.

Choosing to approach Harry, Jupiter's footfalls were relaxed and her body moved with rhythm. She only wished that she was wearing normal clothing: the uniform was not doing her justice with this song playing.