Ch. 5: A Song of Thanks, and Beyond

Wonderworld's magic surrounded Vibri, elevating her to her princess form, and as music spiraled around into a fanfare, she changing the high-score song lyrics into something more appropriate, and only then, Vibri unleashed her voice, jumping around in circles around the Maestro, who was still grinning and following her every move. 

"[Gratitude, much gratitude, 

for all you did and what I now know!

Much obliged to everyone, 

supporting me and cheering me on! 

just when I was sad to my core,

you turned it around and told me 

I was so much more!

(I have my own HIGH SCORE!)

so] THANK YOU [and] ARIGATO! "

Vibri whirled around and struck a delighted victory pose.

"YIPPEE!"

The resulting applause from the watching cast members shook the whole stage! 

________________________________________________________________________________

A few minutes later, Vibri was back in her bedroom, turning on her computer, trying to figure out what to say. Two more seconds, and she had opened a new email and was typing away. 

Dear Parappa,

I'm so terribly sorry that we had that argument the other week. After that, I threw myself into my work, and got so terribly lonely that I knew I had to reach out again. You are right, you do get more Players than I do, but I suppose I'm happy with the little fandom I have. I forgive you, and I hope you can forgive me. 

Meanwhile, I'm planning on having a picnic on Saturday in honor of PlayStation's Anniversary, and I know it's definitely not a party until you guys come on over! What do you think?

Sincerely,

Vibri Vector

In a few minutes, she got a reply. 

Hiya, Vibri! 

Of course I forgive you, that's what friends are for. Congrats on the cameo in Astro's Playroom! Also, dibs on a few invitations to that picnic! You know my game tho, not too many noodles. ;-)

Believe in Urself n Peace Out! 

Parappa the Rapper

Smiling, Vibri accepted the friend request from Astro Bot and began preparing herself for the picnic. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Balan watched the little rabbit's progress through his crystal ball. He was so proud of her!

But then his mind wandered to the story he had told Vibri, and his friend from Nightopia. 

Actually, I would consider them more than a friend. He smiles. This feeling has a way of showing up at unexpected places, in the end. 

Balan wandered down from his study back to the Main Auditorium, his mind lost in wistful thought. That one Nightmaren seems to be the one thing besides the rewards of my job that is keeping me from having the same fate as Lance. 

To be honest, Balan felt sorry for Lance, his creator. Perhaps, one day, he will fall in love like me, and then I'll be able to give him a chance. 

Balan snapped his fingers one more time, still thinking of NiGHTS. A platform in center stage rose up, with a white piano and its bench in the center. He sat down on the bench, pressed a peculiar button in the side of the keyboard, and unfolded the extra keyboard underneath the main one. There was a hiss, and a few panels in the theater walls slid back, revealing brass organ pipes, and mechanically operated chimes and cymbals reminiscent of a steam-powered calliope. 

Flipping a few switches, the Maestro began to idly play, a quiet song of his emotions, the piano melody above organ chords with a few chime accents on certain notes to explain how beautiful life could be. A mix of both Wonderworld themes and Nightopia themes. How many times had he played this sort of mix, ever since he had first met them? 

He could almost hear them playing their invisible flute beside him. 

And so he kept playing idly, lost in his music. 

His quiet, wistful love song. 

🎉 You've finished reading The Rabbit that Wanted to Help: Balan Wonderworld & Vib Ribbon/Ripple Crossover 🎉