16. Up the Astronomy Tower

That night, Rose was in bed dreaming again.

In the dream, Rose was sitting on the sofa in front of the fireplace in the Gryffindor common room. She could feel the warmth from the fire starting to spread through her body. This would be the time that Fleur usually came in.

Rose turned to look at the door as it began to open. But when it opened fully, it wasn't Fleur that came in; it was Hermione.

Rose gasped as Hermione came into the room doing a seductive dance. She started to stare deeply into Rose's eyes.

"Do you like to watch me dance?" Hermione asked.

She kept moving across the room, getting ever closer to where Rose was sitting.

"I wish I could take you to the Yule Ball," said Hermione.

The heat from the fire was getting unbearable as Hermione got so close she was almost touching Rose. Hermione bent down, their face got closer until they were about to kiss.

~~~~~

Rose woke up to the feeling of someone rubbing her shoulder. She opened her eyes to see Hermione leaning over her.

"Hey, are you okay?" said Hermione. "You overslept."

Rose felt her face grow red. "I'm fine," she mumbled.

"Let me check," said Hermione.

Hermione rested her hand on Rose's forehead to feel her temperature. Her hand felt so soft, and the physical contact just made Rose blush even more.

"Yeah, you feel hot," said Hermione.

"I'll be fine," said Rose. "I'll just go have a cold shower or something."

"Okay. Well hurry up though, breakfast time is nearly over," said Hermione.

"Yep, I will," said Rose.

Hermione got up from Rose's bed and walked out the dormitory. Then she headed down the stairs to the common room.

Rose sighed as she watched Hermione go out the door. When the door closed, she rolled out of bed and quickly went to the bathroom.

Rose stood underneath the shower and let the water blast into her face until she had calmed down. Then she dried herself off and put on her uniform.

When Rose got down to the common room, Hermione was sitting reading a book. "I'm ready," said Rose. "Are you coming for breakfast?"

Hermione looked up from her book. "I've had mine already," she said. "But I think Ron is still down there."

"Okay, well I guess I'll see you at our first lesson," said Rose.

Rose walked down to the Great Hall, and found Ron was still sat at the Gryffindor table. She went over to sit next to him. "Good morning," said Rose.

Ron swallowed his mouthful of sausage and wiped his mouth with a napkin. "Hi, Rose," he said. "You're up late today."

"Err, yeah. I overslept," said Rose.

"Well you better eat quick, only got ten minutes till our first lesson," said Ron.

Rose poured herself a glass of pumpkin juice and took a croissant to eat. Then once she had finished eating, she went with Ron to their charms lesson with Professor Flitwick.

~~~~~

Later that evening, when their lessons had all finished for the day, Ron was sitting in the courtyard with Hermione and Rose. They were watching the sun start to set, when Hermione suddenly sat up.