32. Having a Change of Heart

After the final task had finished, everyone slowly made their way back to the castle. It was late in the evening, and dinner was being served in the Great Hall.

There was a big celebration feast planned for the next evening. But for tonight it was just a normal meal. Of course, that didn't stop the Hogwarts students from treating it like a celebration.

Professor Dumbledore decided to leave them to their fun. He headed to his office, followed by McGonagall and Snape.

"Well, that all seemed very successful," said Dumbledore, as he sat down at his desk.

"Yes. And nice to see Mr Diggory emerge triumphant," said McGonagall.

"Though there was one minor issue," said Snape. "A group of first years were nearly killed horribly."

"I didn't notice that," said Dumbledore. "What happened?"

"Krum blew a hole in the side of the maze, one of Hagrid's creatures escaped," said Snape. "Fortunately Dursley was there. He leapt in front and repelled the beast."

"Really? That was brave," said Dumbledore. "Perhaps I was wrong about them. That sort of bravery certainly sounds like a more male trait."

McGonagall scowled at him. "Women can be brave too," she muttered.

"What was that, Minerva?" Dumbledore asked.

"Oh, nothing," said McGonagall. "You are right, being so brave definitely shows that young Dursley is a boy."

Dumbledore stroked his beard and thought about Rob. "Hmmm. But it is just the body that is different," he said.

"I have done what I can about that," said Snape. "I have been brewing a potion to halt the effects of hormones on his body. It has stopped him becoming more female in appearance."

"Yes, I noticed the change in his demeanor these past few weeks," said McGonagall. "Your potion was certainly very helpful. But there are limits."

"To go any further would need some kind of transfiguration spell," said Snape. "But anything like that would be beyond my knowledge."

"But if you did know of such a spell, would you use it, Severus?" McGonagall asked, while giving Dumbledore a sideways glance.

Snape thought about it carefully. "Hmmm, that is difficult," he said. "But Dursley sees himself as male, and shows some desire to have a more masculine body. So yes, if that was what he wanted, I would perform that spell on him."

Dumbledore sighed. "Okay, you've made your point, Minerva," he said. "I'll talk to him and see what he chooses to do."

"Does that mean you know how to perform a spell such as this one, Headmaster?" Snape asked.

"Yes, I have performed it before when I transformed him into a girl the first time," said Dumbledore.

Snape was dumbfounded. "You did what?" he said.

"Sit down, Severus," said Dumbledore.

Snape looked at Dumbledore with a mixture of fear and apprehension. He walked slowly over to the chair and sat down.

"What I am about to tell you is in complete secrecy," said Dumbledore. "You can not tell anyone, especially Dursley. Do you understand?"

Snape looked at Dumbledore and raised his eyebrow. "I do," he said.

"You remember many years ago when Voldemort was destroyed as he killed James and Lily, and their son, Harry," said Dumbledore. "Well, that's the thing. Harry did not die."