34. The Celebration Feast

Rob's next lesson was in Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall. Rob paused when he reached the door to the classroom. A few Gryffindors had seen his new look, but this was the first time he would be seeing a large group.

After he had been standing for a few minutes, he realised that he was going to be late for the class. In the end the fear of getting told off by McGonagall was enough to overcome his indecision. Rob opened the door and walked into the class.

In his panic, Rob accidentally opened the door rather vigorously. The noise caused everyone to turn around and look as he walked into the room.

Rob froze for a moment, as most of the class stared at him with shock and surprise. He looked around for somewhere to sit, and noticed an empty seat next to Hermione.

McGonagall looked at Rob, and realised he must have been to see Dumbledore. The change was subtle. In a way he looked like the same person, just slightly more masculine.

The other children in the class also noticed the change, but they didn't understand what had happened. They all stared at Rob and whispered amongst themselves.

"Okay, settle down," said McGonagall.

She paused and waited for everyone to be quiet. "As we have the Triwizard Tournament celebration feast tonight, we will be having some more relaxed lessons today."

There was fist pumping and high fives throughout the class. Apart from Hermione, who actually preferred hard lessons.

"So just work in your pairs, and try to transfigure some vegetables into party decorations," said McGonagall.

Hermione took out her wand and started to transform some carrots.

As she worked, Rob watched her quietly. Hermione looked really pretty when she was concentrating on something. The more he watched, the more Rob wished he could tell her how he felt about her.

Rob had kept quiet about being attracted to Hermione. It was mostly because he wasn't sure she felt the same way. Especially as she seemed to be seeing Viktor Krum.

Although, when Rob thought about it, he hadn't seen Krum with Hermione much since the Yule Ball and the second task.

"So, Hermione, were you going to the celebration feast with Krum?" Rob asked, trying to sound casual.

"Urgh, no," said Hermione. "I'm not seeing him anymore."

Rob felt a glimmer of hope. "Oh no, why not?" he said.

"He's nice to look at, but zero conversation," said Hermione. "Not really my type at all."

"Yeah," said Rob. "So who are you going with? Are there any other guys you like?"

Hermione blushed. "Well, there is someone," she said.

Rob's heart started to beat faster in his chest. "Oh really. Who is it?" he asked.

"Well, I don't know how to say this..." said Hermione. She blushed more and looked down at the desk.

Rob's heart started pounding loudly. "Who is it," he said, with his voice slightly breaking.

"It's Ron," Hermione whispered. "But I just don't know if he feels the same way."

Rob sighed and his body sagged. "Oh, I see," he said.

"What? Does he not like me in that way?" Hermione asked.

"Oh, umm, I'm not sure," said Rob.

"I know he had a crush on..." Hermione paused and blushed awkwardly. "...err, someone else. But things have changed now."

"I don't know, he never mentioned to me about having a crush on anyone," said Rob. "But you are really pretty, so I'm sure that any guy would want to be with you."

Hermione grinned. "Awww, thanks," she said. "But what about you, is there anyone you like?"

"Oh, umm, kind of," said Rob. "But, err, we should probably focus on making these decorations."

Hermione smiled at him. "Okay, I'll take the hint and drop it," she said.

The two of them spent the rest of the lesson focused on making decorations. Soon their desk was covered in loads of different shaped lanterns.

Later that evening, everyone went down to the Great Hall. The hall was filled with hundreds of different lanterns. The lanterns were flying around the ceiling like flocks of birds. It looked like Professor Flitwick had been very busy with his charms.

Once everyone had sat down at the tables, Professor Dumbledore stood up to speak.

"The Triwizard Tournament has finished, and we have our winner," he said loudly. "Ladies and gentlemen, Cedric Diggory!"

There was a huge cheer as Cedric stood up and walked to the front of the hall. He blushed slightly, but had a huge grin on his face.

When Cedric reached the front, Dumbledore took the Triwizard Cup. He handed it over to Cedric. Then Cedric turned to face the room and lifted the cup above his head. There was another huge cheer, even louder than before.

After a few minutes, the cheering started to quiet down. Cedric put the cup back down on the pedestal. All of the Professors came over to shake his hand.

Once the congratulations were over, Cedric went back to sit down with his friends.

Dumbledore stood up again at the front of the hall to address the room. "Yes, congratulations Mr Diggory. But there was someone else who showed some impressive bravery," he said. "Rob Dursley put himself in peril to save his fellow students.

There was a small round of applause, mostly coming from the Gryffindor table.

"Now, such bravery will always be rewarded here at Hogwarts," said Dumbledore. "And as for the reward, in case you have not already noticed, he has been transfigured to have a fully male body."

Rob blushed as Dumbledore said that, and every pair of eyes on the hall turned to look at him. He tried to slouch down in his seat so they wouldn't see him.

"Hopefully that is all I will have to say on the subject," said Dumbledore. "So now, the feast!"

Dumbledore clapped his hands together and all the food appeared on the tables. It was all party food instead of the usual food. There were little sandwiches, chicken bits, pastries, macarons, and cakes. And to drink, there was a special pumpkin punch.

The food quickly distracted everyone from looking at Rob. Once the conversations had started around him, Rob grabbed a large plate of food. He seemed to be more hungry now his body had changed.

As the feast was coming to an end, Rob noticed Draco walking towards him. He was followed by Crabbe and Goyle, and they were whispering something between them. As they got nearer, Draco stopped. He looked like he was going to say something, but changed his mind. Instead he just sneered at Rob and started walking again.

"It looks like Malfoy has stopped hating you," said Hermione.

"Well, I doubt it, but we'll see," said Rob.

Eventually, Ron and Rob had both finished eating. So then it was time to head up to their dormitory. Rob was feeling quite optimistic about things when he went to bed that night.