Side story (Suga)

Suga

Suga was impressed. Y/n had came up with the parameters so fast. It was really detailed and organised too. She was practically a stand in coach. 

"I think she's done this before." Suga looked to his left at Kiyoko. He replied, "Apparently she came up with Asahi's training regimens." He recalled the insane list of exercises. I'm not sure if it was from her analysis or she's just testing to see how far Asahi can go before he drops dead. He thought.

"It's been awhile since we saw Noya too huh," Kiyoko changed the subject. "Do you check up on him?" Suga asked. Kiyoko shook her head. "I see" was all he said. He's called him occasionally to check up on him. Noya's suspension wasn't too long but he wanted to make sure he was okay. And each time he called, Noya would ask if Asahi came back. And when Suga replies no, he would get upset and swiftly hang up. He sighed and turned his attention back on the match. His tapped his foot, itching to join.

We've got some interesting newcomers this year. He thought. Kageyama especially, was much improved from who he was in the tournament last year when he won against Hinata.

BAM

"YOOOOSSSHHAAAAAA!!" The cheers of their team were loud, but Suga's mind went quiet. He felt his heart sink as a dreading realization crept into his mind. 

Ah...

...I'm going to be replaced.

Ϫ

Daichi

The match ended with Karasuno's win. He knew it was because Oikawa joined late and this match did not predict the outcome during their Interhigh match against them. If they matched up against them. But for now, he'll happly accept this win. They were on the bus on the way back to Karasuno. The first years were asleep. He peeked above the seat infront of him and saw Y/n and Tsukishima whisper fighting about something. Well at least they're quiet. He thought.

" I find it hard to believe she's related to Asahi," Tanaka chirped behind him. He chuckled. " I know. They're polar opposites." He looked at the vice captain sitting next to him." Suga what do you think?" Suga did not reply. He was staring out the window, deep in thought. Tanaka's face switched to one of concern.

"Suga?" Daichi called again, gentler this time. There was no response still. He placed a tentative hand on Suga's shoulder, but it jolted him. "Are you alright?" Daichi asked. Suga turned to face him and his heart dropped. The usual spark in his eyes had winked out, replaced with a dull sullen stare. His eyes were glassy and Daichi knew Suga was probably taking every ounce of effort to keep it together.

"Y-Yeah. I was just wondering what Asahi would think if he saw our new first years," Suga forced a smile. Tanaka opened his mouth to call out his obvious lie but Daichi cut him off. "Well, if Y/n can convince him to come and watch a match then I guess we can ask him then," he grinned. If Suga was ready, he will tell him. But for now... He looped his arm around Suga and pulled him closer. "You can lean on me to sleep," he said while unfurling his jacket. Suga gave him a long look before realizing the undertone of his words. He shifted his posture a little before resting his head on top of Daichi's shoulder, muttering a soft "thank you." Suga angled his head towards his chest and Daichi covered his head with his jacket, allowing him the privacy to cry. 

Ϫ

Sugawara blew his meat bun before taking a bite. They were lucky to grab the last bunch of meat buns. If they had arrived any later, the soccer team would have got them again. The walk back home was silent yet his mind was in turmoil.