003

It was almost time for KID to make his grand entrance. The police as well as Conan and you were in your positions. Mr. Nakamori was situated at the location of the gem. Whilst Conan and you were at the highrise building - that KID revealed in a form of a riddle- where he'd appear. Nakamori had thought of a plan to immobilise KID, though you and Conan thought against his ideas. 'That won't work', you both thought as Nakamori explained his plan through the earpiece. However, you came up with a plan of your own, secretly texting Conan in the midst of Nakamori's explanation. Conan received your text once Nakamori had finished explaining his 'KID-proof' plan. You sigh and walk to Conan, who was staring at your text message. After he was done reading it, he looked at you, marveled. "This plan of yours seems like a logical ruse, why is that?", Conan asked. You bend down to his height and whispered into his ear, "This would be my first encounter with the phantom thief, I need to analyse him and the only possible way to do so is through repetition". Conan nodded at your reason and sighed. "You really are amazing, y/n-chan", he exhaled. You pat his head and stood up. "Don't praise me just yet, I haven't even caught him", you chuckled.

"Also, I won't be here with you. I'll try to find his exit route for when he tries to escape, but I won't apprehend him", you left Conan alone on the highrise building. With a Nakamori dummy. Yes, that's part of the KID-proof plan that Nakamori was talking about. Speaking of Kaitou KID, he should appear in-

3...

2..

1.

A loud bang rang in the air as finally, Kaitou KID had appeared, and in front of Detective Conan no less. Conan had his tranquilliser at the ready, but couldn't seem to get a clear shot. "Well, well. If it isn't Meitantei~", KID hummed out. Conan gritted his teeth and smirked. "Kaitou Kid-san! I will catch you!". Kaitou chuckled darkly. "Not if you can't see me, Tantei-kun". KID threw a smoke bomb and disappeared to the gem's destination. Conan knew that the Nakamori dummy won't work. There's no way that KID would get 'scared' seeing him nor less a dummy. Gosh, I hope y/n-chan is on his trail.. Conan thought running down the stairs of the highrise building.

...

Kaitou finally had stolen the gem. Seeing as how he is inspecting the gem- holding it up to the moonlight. "Another one..", Kaitou sighed. His goal was to find Pandora and destroy it. He couldn't help but think that there was an easier way - like knowing the gem that contains Pandora. By hey, he can't really complain. He enjoys what he does.

Kaitou KID descended down from a rooftop into an alleyway. He needed to get out of here before the authorities showed up...but that's a bit too late for him. "Kaitou Kid-san", upon hearing his name, he stopped his rushed movements. He turned around to the person that called out to him. "Ah again we meet, Tantei-", he stopped when his eyes met your own. That's right. Yours. You stood there at the end of the alleyway, blocking KID's exit. He seemed shocked and surprised. 'What is she doing here?!', Kaitou shrieked in his thoughts. He tried to compose himself and steadied his breathing. "My, my. Are you one of my dearest fans? Miss..?", she analysed him from the alleyway, taking in his tall figure. "It's y/n. l/n f/n", you said. You leaned against the alleyway's wall cooly with your arms crossed. Your eyes closed as you hummed softly, "I didn't see anything".

"Huh?", Kaitou almost dropped his poker face. This girl was completely random. Not like the girl that he met in class. She seemed to have no intentions of catching him nor reporting him. She just simply turned a blind eye.  'But why?', Kaitou pondered.

"If you're wondering why I'm not calling the police nor unmasking you myself, well, I simply just love magic", she smiled warmly. Kaitou was really surprised but cleared his throat to come out of his stupor. "Well then. I'll show you something much more extraordinary at my next heist", he said as he walked to the dead-end of the alleyway. With a burst of confetti, he disappeared.

"I look forward to it, KID".

You closed your eyes as your smile satisfied with meeting Kaitou KID in person as you wanted. You began to walk out of the alleyway as you put your hands in your pockets, but surprisingly, it wasn't empty. Inside was the gem that KID had supposedly stolen. You smirked a little, "Not bad, KID..not bad at all". You continued on your way to Conan and the others, only your footsteps heard as it echoed into the luminous night.

...

Back at Kaito's place, he had shrugged off his outfit and decided to take a shower to refresh himself. "What was she doing there?", Kaito wondered aloud as the stream from the hot shower clouded his vision. He looked up at the showerhead and zoned out thinking of her. "f/n-chan sure is something, huh..she was so smooth handling the encounter. Makes me wonder if she planned it", he mumbled. He closed his eyes as he leaned forward - the showerhead wetting his hair. He sighed and relaxed. He slowly opened his eyes and felt his heart clench. "This feeling.. it's like nothing I've felt before".

The ache of want and need.

The feeling of love.