My Story

"For fuck's sake"

Kicking the guy again, I watched him drop to the ground. Pressing the heel of my boot into the side of his head, I smirked at his groaning.

"Did we or did we not tell you to pay your debt?"

"Y....y....yes"

"And did we or did we not tell you what would happen when you were late on repayments?"

"Y....y....yes"

"Now, I am a very busy person and if I have to come down here personally again....."

I took my boot off his face and bent down to meet his face. I pinched the tip of his ear and pulled his bloody face close to mine.

".... That beautiful teenage daughter of yours will make a wonderful new addition to one of my whore houses. Do I make myself clear?"

"Y....y....yes"

"Yes what?"

"Y....y....yes ma'am"

"Good. Get him up, clean him up and return him home boys"

I watched my boys pick up my victim from the street and push into the back of the car. Groaning, I cracked my neck and ripped off my bloody gloves. I threw them into the bin fire that had been started and walked back to where Owen was standing. Have I ever told you that I hated being called out in the field? My first six months with Peterson were horrendous. I loved a good horror movie and when I was introduced into this lifestyle I thought I would be able to stand all the blood and fighting. Nearly seven years later and I'm still not used to it but I am bloody good at my job.

For the first time in seven years, it looked like Owen was bored.

"What's with the face?"

"Why do I have to come with you every time you need to conduct a business transaction?"

"You don't. We just happened to be together when I got the call"

"Whatever, let's go home"

His sudden change in attitude always manages to stun me senseless. He's been like this since I told him off two months ago. Normally it wouldn't bother me but I have so much stuff I have to worry about these days, that everything anyone does, is starting to bother me.

Business is going well at least, both in the office and on the streets. Every thing has been running smoothly for the past two months and I'm scared something will fuck up everything I have made so far. Dad has finally backed down as well. It didn't take him long too, I think it was about two weeks into my new rule, as he calls. All he had to do was look at the figures and relax from his macho dad status. I had managed to bring in three times the amount of money, in two weeks, that they had earned in the past two years.

Owen has been avoiding me as well. Not that I don't mind the space. And besides I spend almost every waking hour in the office, with the occasional special treat of coming out here. The movements were starting to increase and I was happy, so was Zeke. I don't get many calls through Matthew as much as before. He finally started to let the lease loose a little. It was nice. Looking back this is how I spent most of the days that I was meant to be in college. It didn't take me long to build up a reputation to make the dean give me my management diploma without me actually attending the college.

When we got home, Owen retreated to his room and I retreated back into my office. Which is where I spelt for the night, once again. I woke up the next morning, to the morning maid, shaking me slightly. I cleaned myself up and had myself driven back into work. I saw my reflection in the bathroom mirror and almost cried at my appearance. I looked ill. I was exhausted and I don't think I have eaten in the past few days. Fuck. I can't take a break but I needed to sleep or at least eat.