Stealing My Sister's Life

I woke up with the sun right in my ace. Groaning I rolled over to an empty bed. Smiling at the warmth, memories of last night rushed forward. I honestly did not expect him to last so long for a virgin. After the couch we moved up into my bed. That was the best night's sleep I've had in a very long time. Even when I was with Zeke, it was never like this. I was better but I was always frustrated again. Maybe I should have taken his advice years ago, if I have known Owen was going to be like this.

Groaning, I stretched and reached for the alarm. When I finally registered what the time was, I think my heart dropped. Shit, I was so late. I pulled on my robe and rushed downstairs. Owen was in the kitchen reading the paper, with a hot cup of coffee.

"Why didn't you wake me? I'm going to be late for work"

"Relax S, it's Saturday and I've already checked your schedule. You don't have to be out until later this afternoon"

"Oh"

I sat next to him, just as he passed me a cup of coffee. I mumbled a thanks and read the back cover of the paper he was reading. Another sportsman was found doping again, no surprise there. The paper moved and my eyes connected with Owens. He looked much better but his gaze was full of questions, questions I knew I would have to answer.

"What?"

"It's nothing"

"Ask me now Owen, while I am still in a good mood"

"How did you meet Mr Matthews?"

I rolled my eyes and hopped off my seat. I took both of our cups to the sink and stared out the kitchen window. If this is all he was worried about then I have nothing to stress about. It's just his jealousy playing up.

"I met him when I was sixteen"

Silence filled the kitchen, like he expected me to tell him a life story. There is only one person who knows about my back story and she's dead.

"That's it? You're not going to tell me the story"

"Why would I do that? Just because we have slept together now Owen, does not mean you have the right to dig into my background. Don't forget that I am your boss long before I am your wife"

"How can I forget that. I'll get ready first. The meeting is at three"

I watched his reflection stare at me for a bit longer before returning back upstairs. Poor Zeke also didn't know what he was getting into when he first met me.

Eight Years Ago.......

This is the first time we've ever swapped into each other's lives. My poor sister was going to be surprised when she opened the front door to my house. I don't know if she will be more surprised by my foster parents or my live-in boyfriend. Her parents had made me change into a hideous dress and take me to the party my sister's older sister, Rose was having. I couldn't say I was enjoying it, but as the night drew on, I think I hated it more than being at home. I don't know how my sister could cope with this all, all the freaking time. I had to act like a princess when all I wanted to do was have a drink and a smoke.

It was incredibly hard because I knew almost everyone here but I had to act like I was trying to make new friends. Who knew my sister would move from LA to Dallas. She said her father said there were more clientele in Texas and I think I remember laughing at her. I knew what her father was doing coming here. The drug cartel was bigger and badder in Texas. Well I should know, I run my one man business just fine. My sister said she has been on restriction ever since they moved here six months ago and has. Not made a single friend. I was glad, there was no one in Dallas that I wanted her to be friends with. I knew almost everyone and there were days that I wanted to escape.