ɪɪ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴜs ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴇᴘᴇsᴛ

"Can we talk?" She asks irritated and I sigh again.

"Listen, I saw your face and you fucking shuddered when Alice said I got a crush on a girl. I...I know the fucking speech you're going to give me right now so just cut it out. It's true, I like girls and believe when I say that I don't really fucking care if it's a fucking sin or not 'cause I don't even believe in God." I say and she looks at me, I really couldn't decipher her expression right now."I'm... I'm sorry I can't meet your expectations of me Cindy, I wish I could... but I wasn't made to please everyone, surprisingly, not even you." I start tearing up, Cindy does not say anything and just looks at me uneasy. Of all fucking people Alice outs me to Cindy, fucking unbelievable.

"Cindy!" We suddenly hear Tommy call, making us both look at him. He quickly runs up to her and kisses her while grabbing her waist, the disgust runs through my neck, I could feel the jealousy run from my head to my feet, and it hits me...She could never love someone like me, I would stop her plans from having a perfect stable live out of Shadyside, and I want her happiness, if she's happy without me, living a wealthy happy life out of this town, then I am happy.

What is love if you're not ready to sacrifice yourself for someone's happiness? It's nothing.

.-.

"I swear to God everyone just wants to ruin my life." Cindy complains as she rubs the floor with the sponge. "Alice just, like...She just won't let it go. It's like where still 12 years old and her whole goal in life is to punish me for something that wasn't even my fault." She continues as she cleans, me and Cindy still haven't talked after my outburst, I guess she's too ashamed to admit that she doesn't want me as her friend anymore.

"I can't believe you guys used to be friends." Tommy says.

"And Ziggy, it's only a matter of time before she ends up in jail or worse." I look at her confused, Ziggy is definitely a pain in the ass but she would never end up in those kinds of paths. "I'm trying to be a good role model and make something of myself." She continues while scrubs harder, me and Tommy look at each other not knowing if it's better to stop or not. "But no, no, I'm the stuck-up priss who hates fun, which isn't even true at all." I hear Tommy chuckling and I try so hard not to laugh. "I like fun. I like fun! I just want to get out of Shadyside. Is that so crazy?" Suddenly the sponge on her hands rips apart and she gasps. "Shit!"

"Did Cindy Berman just swear?" Tommy laughs and I try to contain my laughter.

"Not now, Tommy! Not in the mood." She scolds.

"I'll get you a new sponge, follow me." I walk towards the storage and Cindy follows me, I grab a new sponge from the shelf and hand it out to her, feeling our hands slightly brush. "Here." If I could run away at that exact moment I would, because things are so awkward between us.

"Thank you." She smiles at me and I force a smile. Suddenly an unknown figure passes through the kitchen door, making her gasp.

"Tommy, is that you?" She asks but no one responds, we look at eachother and I motion her to follow me.

"Tommy?" I call for him, but no response again. As we enter the kitchen I see the knives drawer open, I close it. I could hear Cindy's heavy breath as we got closer to the mess hall, she grabs my hand and we walk to the Mess Hall.

"Tommy, what are you doing? You're really.." She stops talking as soon as she sees that no one's there, I stand there not knowing what to do. "Freaking me out." she finishes her last sentence.

"What is it babe?" Cindy lets out my hand and gasps, turning around. Tommy was standing there, pretty confused, me and Cindy sigh in relief while looking at each other.

"Nurse Lane?" Tommy suddenly asks, we both look at the kitchen door seeing Nurse Lane.

"I'm sorry, but I can't save you." she says in a creepy tone, I see a knife in her hand. "I saw your name. I saw it on the wall." What the fuck is she talking about. "One way or another, you're gonna die tonight." I slowly took some steps closer to Nurse Lane, afraid about what she might do to Tommy.

"What are you talking about?" Tommy asks, clearly afraid. She suddenly screams and starts attacking him, trying to stab him with the knife. I go from behind and grab her with both of my arms, she hits me in the face with her elbow and I took some steps back, losing some balance. Suddenly I hear the knife hitting the floor, and Tommy and Nurse Lane on the floor, fighting. I grab one of the trays on the table and hit her hard in the head, making her unconscious, I stand there in shook, just like Cindy. I clean the blood on my nose with my hand, she might be old but she got me pretty good.