Chapter 6: Disease

"I can't believe you went after us, even though we specifically told you not to!," Jesse scolded as Axel carried me on his back, since I was too drunk to walk on my own. "Aw, give the kid a break, huh Jesse?," said Magnus. "I mean, who wouldn't wanna go to the greatest town in the whole world?" A town overrun with griefers, thieves, and psychopaths, thought Jesse. I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him, causing him to grumble.

We stopped at the top of the hill. "Wow," said Magnus. "Someone really went bonkers with the defenses, huh?" Before, the temple was practically decaying. Now, it was fortified with iron blocks and redstone, probably to ensure that no intruders could sneak in without anyone knowing. We jumped down, Axel making an "oof" sound as my weight pressed onto his back. Suddenly, we heard a hiss and saw a creeper walking towards us.

Before it could explode, several arrows flew out of nowhere and killed the creeper. "Who goes there?," said a voice. We looked and saw Lukas holding a bow. "Jesse?," he asked. "Is that you?" "Hey Lukas!," said Jesse irritably. "Care to explain why we found Alex in Boom Town with us, even though she was supposed to be at the temple?"

Lukas looked down guiltily. "Sorry, Jesse," he said. "After you guys left to find Magnus, we looked for Alex because we wanted to apologize, but we couldn't find her anywhere! We figured she followed you to Boom Town and decided it would be best to let you guys protect her." Then, he finally noticed Magnus. "Sweet! You found him!"

Lukas opened the door for us. "Quick! Come on! You guys are never going to believe who showed up while you were gone." We walked inside and saw Petra leaning on a wall, completely unharmed. "Petra!," exclaimed Jesse. "Hey guys," she said. "How's it going?" Reuben squealed happily and circled around her. Petra smiled and patted his head.

"Petra!," I cried, tears of joy stinging my eyes. I began beating Axel with my fists. "Put me down, Axel! Put me down!" "Ow! Ow! Alright, alright! Geez," grumbled Axel as he put me down. I ran up to Petra and hugged her tightly. "Petra, I'm so glad you're alive!" Petra smiled. "I'm glad to be alive too." Then, she sniffed and frowned. "Alex...were you drinking alcohol?"

"Uhhh...no." Petra smacked me on the back of the head. "Ow," I mumbled, even though the liquor in my veins numbed the pain to the point where I barely felt it. "Seriously, Alex?," she scolded. "Just because I was gone for a while doesn't make it okay for you to drink away your sorrows." "I wasn't drinking away my sorrows," I mumbled.

"Petra! You made it!," cried Axel, hugging Petra tightly. "It's good to see you too, big guy," said Petra. "And it's really good to see you, Jesse," she said, hugging Jesse as well. "I can't believe you found us!," said Jesse. "This is amazing!" "You pulled me out of that Witherstorm's clutches and I ran and ran and ran for the Temple," said Petra. "If you hadn't saved me...well, I owe you everything, Jesse." "Wow," said Jesse. "Did Gabriel get away too? Did you see?" "It's all a blur," said Petra, "but the Witherstorm left almost nothing behind. Everything...everyone...was just gone. It even got Gabriel."

We began walking towards the stairs. Magnus looked shocked upon hearing about Gabriel's death, but it was quickly replaced with a gloomy expression. Finally, we got to the roof. "Wow," said Magnus. "Been a while since I've been here--whoa." He turned around, then stiffened. "What. Is. She...doing here?," he growled. We saw Olivia talking with a woman who was definitely not here before. Woah...is that Ellen Hart?

"Call this a hunch," said Petra, "but do you two not like each other?" "Right, um," said Lukas nervously. "I forgot to mention - Olivia went on a little...expedition of her own, while you were gone." "And this 'Olivia' person," said Magnus, "came back with her? Did you know about this?" "Holy crap, I can't believe it!," exclaimed Jesse. "That's Ellegaard the Redstone Engineer!" "Well," huffed Magnus, "if you're such a big fan, then why don't you go hang out with her, then?" "Jesse! Jesse!," yelled Olivia. "Look - I found Ellegaard!"