Chapter 4- S2/E7 Masquerade part 4

Katherine moves to stab herself in the stomach, "Wait." Kat sits and decides now is a great time to reminisce. When she talks about their past, Damon gives me a look. His thoughts reach out to me, "If you don't get me out of here, I'm going to stake myself." I push my thoughts back to him. "Stake yourself and I'll drag your ass back from the other side, and take a stake to your dick." He stares at me in shock, "Okay, I wasn't going to, geez"

I just stare at him, unimpressed. He huffs and zones back into the conversation with Kat. "And the evil slut vampire who only loved herself." Says the man whore, I thought to myself. "What happened to you Damon, you used to be so sweet and polite." He scoffs, "Oh, that Damon died a long time ago," Kat smirks. "Good, he was a bore," seems Stefan annoyed now. "Oh, why don't you two stop antagonizing each other?" Katherine rolls her eyes at him. "Where's the moonstone?"

Stefan fires back, "What do you want with it?" Katherine just smirks, "Does Elena enjoy having both of you worship at her altar?" Damn, "That was... Really desperate Katherine. Don't you think we could see right through you?" This man is stupid. "So, it doesn't bother you that your brother is in love with your girlfriend?" Stefan glares at her. "Oh, stop it."

"Or what? You'll hurt me? C'mon Stefan, everything that I feel, Elena feels, so go ahead. Oooh, or better yet. Kiss me, Damon." I pull a face at the thought of seeing my best friends kissing. "She'll feel that too." Okay, I have got to stop this. "Okay, quit it. I don't want to see my best friends' smush faces." Stefan speaks up, "You know, this whole Mason thing has me a bit confused. Why a werewolf? The Moonstone can help them break a curse that will destroy all vampires, so... What's in it for you?" I shove a thought into Damon's head, "Give her an out." He glances at me before turning back. "Sorry about your pet wolf, but you should have kept him on a tighter leash." That wasn't what I meant, but whatever works. "I'll have to remember that for next time."

(Timeskip)

"Right away, Miss Katherine," Damon snarled. Katherine took the drink when suddenly Damon flipped and shoved her against the wall, rearing his hand back, armed with a stake. Stefan rushes forward, pulling Damon back, "No!" Stefan continued to pull on Damon, but he refused to move. "Damon, don't," Katherine smirks at him. "Yes, Damon, please." Damon knows better. "The second the spells lifted, I'm gonna drive this stake through your heart." Kat laughs, "God, you're hot. When did you get so hot?"

Stefan backed away as Damon finally lowered the stake. Katherine sauntered over to the Bennett witch, "Thank God." Kat stops in front of her, "When I hand this over to you, my debt to you is over." Standing up from my seat on the floor, I step closer. "Done." Kat holds her hand out, waiting for the stone. "I owe you nothing." The witch reiterated.

"I said done, give it." Damon came closer. "I wouldn't do that." The witch hands Kat the stone, after which she seizes up and chokes. "You didn't tell me there were other witches involved." I was about to step in, but Kat shook her head, telling me not to risk it. "One's a Bennett witch, Katherine, but I'm sure you knew that." Stefan steps up beside Damon. "Wait, what about Elena?" She looks at him. "Elena is fine."

Katherine falls on her back. "The spell's broken, she'll heal quickly. Bonnie's with her." She bows her head a little, "I apologize for my involvement," then leaves. The boys decided to put Kat in the tomb after I had suggested it, intending to get her out later. Stefan went to Elena after they had dealt with Katherine, but not before Elena and I had spoken.

Nobody's Pov.

Elena would describe her relationship with Maddison as odd, special, but odd. Elena often went to her sister for advice, wanting her opinion and approval more than anything. Even romantic, although Maddi had never been in a relationship of that nature. Maddi had told Elena to think about all that had happened with Stefan, and how he made her feel. To ask herself if the relationship was special enough to save it.

Elena had decided, but she didn't have to tell Maddi what she had settled on. The witch waited in the driveway for her sister. Once finished speaking to Stefan, Elena made her way back to her car. Once she had made it to her sister, keys in hand and ready to go home, they were both grabbed and knocked out. They were later waking up in a dust-covered room, on a worn-out couch.