Chapter 28- S2/E12 "The Descent"

After finishing Twilight, Elijah excused himself, saying he'd be back. Then Nik had to go but continued to message me here and there. Everyone fell asleep, but I was unable to. So, I decided to read and wait for Elijah to return. An hour later and I was drifting off until I heard shuffling. I look in the direction of the noise I see Damon trembling and gripping tightly onto Bonnie's shirt. I quietly get up and tip-toe over to him. Placing my hand on his head, I go into his mind. I see flashes of him and Katherine, his father, Stefan, and Rose. All the bad moments are zipping through. I pull back for a moment and look into Bonnie's dream, seeing it's a fantasy of her and Damon having a happy future, so I connect their dreams and allow the good to flow to Damon. Doing so made them aware that they are dreaming so that they are now in control of the events.

Pov. Damon

Katherine and her sickly sweet smile, and my father's glare. Stefan's teary eyes stare, begging for help. My little brother turning into a ripper. Rose being bit by the werewolf. Then Maddie appears, concern on her face. What is she doing here? It's too dangerous for her. I know she can take care of herself but... she's my best friend. I can't help but worry about her. Then she disappears and I begin to panic because being able to see that she's okay is better than not knowing where she is. Then everything changes, I'm suddenly aware that I'm asleep, and Bonnie is in my arms smiling at me. This is a dream I like, but I can't let myself think about such things. If I let myself hope, then it will hurt worse when it never happens. 

"Damon," she rests her hands on my face. "I'm here, Maddie came to me in my dream, she told me that you needed me. So, she merged our dreams." I pull her closer, closing my eyes letting a tear slip down my cheek. I'm so lucky to have Maddie and Bonnie in my life. Maddison is always wanting the best for me, she never asks me to try or do better.

"Just be yourself," she said to me as if that was the easiest thing in the world to do, and with her around, it was. My best friend helped me get my witch and helped me through the pain and trauma. I look back at Bonnie. All I can think of at that moment is her. She's all I need. I want her close and safe. I want to hold her and tell her how much she means to me already.

"Bonnie," she looks up at me. "I need you." She kisses me.

"I need you too."

Pov. Maddison

Once seeing a smile find its way onto Damon's face, I back away, but then hear something downstairs. Curious I walk down the steps, turning into the parlor I see a man. He has brown hair and hazel eyes. He's tall, taller than Elijah even. I recognize him from somewhere but I can't place him. "Hello," he doesn't move, so I step forward and lay a hand on his shoulder but my hand ghosts through. He lifts his head as if he felt it but his eyes stare through me. "Hello." I try again, his eyes dart around like he hears me but can't. I stare into his eyes. They're a gorgeous mix of forest green and lake blue. I feel like drowning in them wouldn't be so bad. They're slowly becoming my new favorite color. 

"Elskan, what are you doing?" The man's head snaps up, an angry look storming his eyes. I turn to Elijah.

"Uhm, nothing. I just- I thought I'd wait for you to get back." I felt bad for lying but if I told him he'd only worry and when I turn back the man is gone. Maybe, maybe I'm just so tired that I'm imagining things. He smiles at me and holds out his hand.

"Let's get some sleep." I nod and take his hand. He pulls me into his arms and carries me up the stair and back into Damon's room. He lays down, pulling me to lay on top of him. "Sleep well, little mate. I'll be here when you wake." I smile and press a kiss to his cheek, then cuddle into him.

Pov. Maddison's Dream

That man. He's here. "Hello?" He turns to me. 

"Hello." He seems surprised to see me, surprised that I'm here.

"Who are you?"

"Who are you?"

I laugh a little, "We sound like the blue caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland."

He tilts his head, "What?"

It's then that I truly notice all of him, his attire is clearly of a different time. Maybe he's a vampire who died, but if that's what this is. Why is he here? And why do I feel life contained within him? It's something I've never seen before. "Uhm, never mind that. Do you know where you are?" He nods.

"I'm in a coffin."

"How'd you get there?"

"My brother put me there."

"Why?"

"Because I despise the monsters that we have become."

"What's wrong with being a vampire?"

"You know of my kind?"

"Well, I'm kinda dating two Original vampires so I'd hope so."

"Dating?"

"Courting."

"You're courting two men, and they are Original Vampires?"

"Yes."

"Who are they?"

"Why should I tell you? You despise being a vampire, right? How do I know you won't use me to get to them."

"Because I am one of them."

"W-what?"

"My name is Finn Mikaelson."

"Finn."

"You say my name as if you know me."

"I do know you, well, of you. Those marks on your fingers, they're mine."

"What?"

"We're mates. That's why I am courting your brothers as well. It's destined for me to love all of you."

"Prove it to me."

I slowly strip my clothes off, feeling a bit nervous. He quickly turns away. "What are you doing?!"

"You asked me to prove it," once in my underwear I tell him to turn back around and he does so slowly, as if afraid he'll get in trouble. I point to my right shoulder blade, "This one is Elijah's." Then I point to the birds on my chest that travels up to my collarbone, "We suspect that this one is Nik's." I move my hair to my left shoulder, "Elijah and Nik have agreed that this has to belong to Rebekah," then I point at the word 'magic' on my hip, "And that this one is Kol's."

Holding my arm up I show him Mikael's. "And this one belongs to... Mikael." He nods, his mind slowly processing everything. 

He steps closer, leaning down and running his fingers over the rose on my right thigh, "Mine." He whispers.

I shiver before pointing to the stars on my chest, "We- we aren't sure who this one belongs to. All we know is it's a woman that Elijah and Nik don't know."

"Freya."

"What?"

He straightens up, laying his hands on the sides of my neck, "It belongs to Freya, our older sister."

"Then why don't they know abo-" he cuts me off.

"They can't know, not now. They believe she died but that's not what happened. I'll explain, but promise me. You will not tell them."

"I promise."

Hey Everyone! Sorry for not updating in a while, but here we are, another chapter! I just want to say thank you to everyone who reads this and I hope you continue to enjoy the story! Have a fantastic Day! Also...

Comment which of the following you'd like to see next.

A. Simp Klaus(aka Klaus is the simp king when it comes to Maddie, fight me on it)

B. Chaotic Girls' day(Just the girls of the group doing whatever. Also suggestions for what they should do are welcome.)

C. Jealous Finn

D. Lost Elijah(aka he's out with Maddie and loses her and freaks out)