Eight

Day 6 (Saturday , September 4th 2021)

"Jisung, faster. We will be late!" Yujin sighed as her brother still in his room, preparing himself for a run event in their neighborhood.

Because their father asked them to join the activity, they had no choice and no excuse to give anymore. The reason why they should join this is because both of them never try to get involve with any neighborhood activities, and that is the only activity for the teenagers to join too in the neighborhood.

"I'm done!" Jisung walked out from the room, seeing his sister's upset face- sleepy face actually. After being in the detention room with Sungchan the day before (because they broke the pipe), she returned home late and ended up did not have enough time to rest. That morning they needed to wake up early as their father woke them up for the run event.

"You look weak little sis," Jisung ruffled her hair before both of them walked downstairs, having a breakfast first before joining the event.

-

"Hyung, you join it too?" Sungchan joined his brother at the living room, grabbing only a bread as his breakfast. He also did not have any energy left after fully using it for the charity event activity.

Jaehyun nodded. Saturday is the only free time he has, and that's why he decided to spend it with Sungchan. He knew Sungchan loves running a lot, and joining any event like this is his favourite thing. That's why his body looks like the atheletes body even he did not join any sports club.

"Of course I will. You want to win this time?" Jaehyun asked.

Sungchan shook his head. How can he win when he felt really weak that time. He for sure want to join this event but to win this, maybe next time.

"Then, I will make sure I win this! Just look at me," Jaehyun, being childish as he always be, looking eager this time. Maybe because he knew his brother already refuse to win, so he doesn't have anyone to compete with.

He still young to run in this 3km running event, beating all the participants and become the winner for the event.

"Just do what you like hyung," Sungchan said before walking outside, wanting to stretch out a little bit to avoid any injuries. Well, he joined this just to maintain his health as he always do. That's all.

-

"Jaehyun hyung! Sungchan! As expected, you two do actually come!" Jisung ran towards the siblings excitedly, following by Yujin that still sulky as she was being force to join this. She supposely be in her bed that time!

"Oh, Yujin joins too? Unbelievable!" Jaehyun clapped his hand when he saw the sulky Yujin that clinged onto Jisung, somehow she wanted to sleep a little bit more. "What a cutie, being forced huh?" Jaehyun continued, letting out of chuckle when the girl answered his question with a nod, but her eyes still close with her head on Jisung's shoulder.

Sungchan startled at the fact that his brother and Yujin were really close. Why he never know about this? Why Jaehyun never tell him about Yujin? But why Jaehyun need to tell him? It doesn't matter at all.

"Already take the numbers?" Jaehyun asked. Jisung nodded, showing his number for the run. They gathered by the side of the road, waiting for the person in charge to call for the participants.

"Sung, can you walk at the back with me? I'm really tired," Yujin asked. Jisung bit his lips, thinking about his sister's request.

"I promised Jaehyun hyung to compete with him this time as Sungchan doesn't want to compete with him. What if you run with Sungchan instead, I think Sungchan doesn't mind about it," Jisung said.

The words from Jisung's mouth made the girl fully awake. Sungchan again? How many days she already spent with Sungchan and this time she has to do that again?

"Sungchan agreed with it. See? He doesn't care at all," Jisung continued. Yujin looked at Sungchan, he showed an 'okay' sign at her.

"Sung, I'm shy," Yujin pulled Jisung's t-shirt to cover her face.

"Why would you? Don't say that you already fall for-"

"It's not that but you literally asking him for help about four times in this week just to take care of me. From the prom night, walk me home, my birthday plan, and now, run together with me? What if he feels annoyed with all of these?" Yujin whispered, making sure Sungchan does not hear them.

"But he agreed to do all of these, and you enjoy it too right? Oh, let's go. They already called for us to get ready!" Jisung pulled Yujin's hand to gather at the start line.

"I will stay in the back. Good luck Sung." Yujin said, standing at the last row of the participants.

She looked at her side, Sungchan stood beside her as what she expected. This is all because of Jisung. If Jisung did not mention about it to Sungchan, this guy would never stand beside her.

When the whistle being blew, everyone started to leave the start line, including Yujin and Sungchan. They just jogged, joining the event just to participate in it.

After 1km of jogging, only two of them left behind. Yujin face already became red, she looked really weak and Sungchan noticed that.

"Let's stop first." Sungchan said worriedly.

Yujin shook her head. She did not want to be a burden to Sungchan. He just can leave her alone but he stayed by her side.

"We can stop if-"

Before Sungchan could ended his sentences, the girl tripped over the rock and fell on the tar road. As the result, her knee was bleeding.

Sungchan quickly look on her knee, blew it before he took his mini towel and wrapped it around the girl's knee.

"We should go back. It does look bad," Sungchan said.

"I can go by myself." She replied but she also not really sure if she can return home alone in this condition.

Sungchan sighed. 'This girl and her ego.'

"Get on my back." Sungchan faced his back in front of her, asking her to get on his back. At first, Yujin refused to do it. But because of Sungchan seems annoyed with her attitude, she gave in.

"It's hurt," Yujin whined when Sungchan tried to lift her up.

"I'm sorry," He replied, carefully lifting her up.

"Hold on me tightly. I don't want you to fall,"

"You won't make me fall,"

"In what way?"

Yujin stayed silence. She knew, Sungchan's words had double meaning in it. But she also did not know what to answer, so, she just let the question being left without the answer.

"It remind me the day you gave me the piggyback. Your back feel the same," Yujin said, changing the topic.

Sungchan smiled after hearing those. Somehow, he also feel happy to give her a piggyback again. But he stopped from smiling when he felt the girl tighten her arms on his body, snoring as she already fell asleep on his back.

He chuckled as he found that she is really cute in that way.

Again, what's wrong with him?