Thirteen

Day-11 (Thursday, September 9th 2021)

Maybe this time she needed to be a little bit bold.

The carnival was still going on in the next day as it will end this friday, and continue in the next Monday, which is the prom night day. The students mostly spent their time doing their own activities, strolling around the carnival, talking with their friends and some of them were practicing for the next day performance, like Jisung and Sungchan.

"Sungchan, you did a really good job! Everyone might fangirl or fanboy over you after this!" Jisung gave a compliment to his best friend after their 7th time of rehearsal for that day.

Sungchan did a great job in singing, and he hid his talent for all of these time, until last week, he told Jisung that he wanted to join this competition.

Jisung did not know the reason, but as a good friend he is, he agreed to help Sungchan with the performance.

"Sungchan, I bet, you will have a girlfriend after you sing this song tomorrow!" Jisung raised his eyebrows, teasing Sungchan.

"If it not her, it is better for me to stay single," He said with a low tone of his voice, but Jisung still can hear him.

"You like- someone?" That sudden question made Sungchan quickly shook his head, looking away. Is Jisung listening to him? He thought he talked about it by himself.

"Never mind, let's continue to practice this." Jisung said, changing the topic. He grabbed his guitar once again to play the music while Sungchan getting ready with his microphone.

-

After the last day scene between Sungchan and herself, Yujin wanted to be a little bit bold. She can't stay at the same stage as always. She wanted to make sure if Sungchan feels the same way as her.

She admitted she likes him but what if Sungchan considered her only as a younger sister?

'You should act normal, Yujin. You can do this.' That was what in her mind.

'No, no. You are a girl. Girl can't make the first move! It's wrong.' Yujin shook her head, did not realise someone looked at her from a far.

Sungchan walked towards her, suddenly spoke up.

"Are you okay? Well I see you were acting weird. Something bother you?" That cold voice again. She looked into his eyes that looked at her with no emotion, standing still like a long pole in front of her.

'Ergh, why this guy is so cold? How can I confirm his feeling if he acts this way,' Yujin thought, bitting her lower lips. Her fiery eyes glared at Sungchan, but Sungchan did not know what he did wrong.

"Can I break the ice?" She asked spontaneously, making the guy blinked his eyes, not knowing what she tried to say actually.

"Huh?" Sungchan looked away before his eyes looked at the shorter female once again.

"Ttak! You melt!" She giggled, feeling dumb actually with her action. Why she did that?! This is too bold. She made her first move? Dummy! But there was nothing wrong if a girl made the first move isn't it?

His breath hitched, looking at the girl disbelief. But he only replied her with a smile. The sweetest smile she ever seen.

Well, because he already melted since she is the one who broke his ice for all of these time.

-

Jisung let out of a hillarious laugh when Yujin came into his room and told what she did that evening.

"So, you did that towards Sungchan? I bet he looked at you weirdly, judging you with his eyes. Am I right?" He did not stop from laughing, now he made himself comfortable by hitting his sister jokingly.

"He smiled after that."

Jisung stopped from laughing. He opened his eyes, wiping his tears and looked at Yujin, can't believe with what he just heard.

"Smile? How?"

"You never see people smile, Sung? Like his smile is the sweetest thing I've ever seen, that is all I can remember," Yujin blushed when she remembered it clearly.

"Don't lie to me, little girl. Please tell me that this is a joke." Jisung shook his sister's body until she glared at him.

"Why would I lie, you idiot!" Yujin threw a pillow towards Jisung, until he fell from the bed.

"The war starts, now!" Jisung took another pillow and hit his sister. It's been a long time they didn't do this, which they missed this moment a lot.

"Sung, you are harsh!"

"Mum will get angry at us if we rip the pillow again!"

"But first, let's having fun!!"

And as expected, the feather from the pillow floating all around the room, full in the bed and also on the floor. But it did not stop the siblings to play with each other until they made a loud sound, which making their mother opened the door.

"Park Jisung! Park Yujin! What are you two doing?!!" Mrs. Park sighed, shaking her head when she saw the messy bedroom, with the sibling now pulling each other hair.

"Mum, join us!" Yujin giggled, following by Jisung and their mother.

"Mum, Yujin likes someone!"

"Damn you Park Jisung!"

"Who is it?!" Mrs. Park laughed at the interesting topic. Maybe she can see a slightly change of her daughter personality? She was thankful for that.

"Our neighbor!!" And again, another hit landed on Jisung's head.

"Jaehyun?" Mrs. Park guessed.

"Mum, don't believe in Jisung, please!!"

"No, Jaehyun hyung's brother!" Jisung closed Yujin's mouth tightly so the girl can't say anything.

"Is it Sungchan?! Oh my god, dear! Aww, so sweet of you! You have a good taste," Mrs. Park joined the siblings on the bed.

"Mum!!"