"his girl" chapter fourteen

What's it been? A year ?
....

-sunny

"I love your hands" I complimented my love lying next to me in his bed, "that's an odd thing to say" he furrowed his brows at me as I play with his fingers.

"You're an odd thing" he smiled slightly, "but you like me anyway don't you"

"let's go somewhere" he whispered as he play with the hair in my face, "somewhere away from my dad, yours.." was he asking me to runaway with him? "I mean, we're both gonna be eighteen soon"

"what's this sudden interest in going away, especially with me, you warming up to lil old sunny, are we ?" I teased him, he didn't seem like the type to just pick up and leave with his girlfriend.

"Just been thinking a lot lately"

"Well you don't have to convince me, I'm down, us forever man"

...

And that's how me and James found our way traveling in my birth dads old beat up Volkswagen Beetle, hands intertwined, with nothing but the wind leading us.

"This is absolutely nuts, can you believe we just left"

All he did was give me a little smile, maybe to shocked at his own actions to speak, but I knew this was exactly what we both needed.

"What should or first stop be?" He asked concerned, I knew he'd wanna stop driving soon.

"Pull over at the next hotel you see and let's put my stepdads piggy bank money to some use"

And by piggy bank money I mean the coffee tin full of $100 bills I found under his gun case before we fled.

...

I know what ur thinking you fucking bitch where have you been girl idek