Chapter 2

Isobel's P. O. V:

I'm awoken at the sound of tapping on my window. Groaning, I sit up and check my alarm. It was 5am.

Grumbling unhappily, I drag myself out of bed and call down warningly as I crack my window open, "Whoever is waking me up before my alarm better have a good damned rea—Marcus?!" I cut myself off at the sight of the Greenbridge. Dawn was just barely rising behind him.

"Morning, Iz," He greets.

"Morning. Tell me, why are you tapping at my window at 5am?" I question.

"I visited Zoe just now but she told me to apologise to you, not her, because Pin is your boyfriend and you're obviously worried about him," Marcus says.

"Obviously," I say in a light tone as i cross my arms and lean against the wall.

"Well, I'm sorry for my weird behaviour yesterday. Can you forgive and forget?"

"I'm stunned to learn that Mr. Perfect isn't so perfect after all!" I say sarcastically, making Marcus chuckle breathily. "Listen, Marcus, there's only one way you can win back my forgiveness."

"And, err, what's that?"

"Buy me chocolates and maybe I'll accept your apology," I state, making him give the same chuckle again.

"Will do," He says. "Did Pin tell you anything?"

"He only said that he's fine and that he's sorry he missed our date," I say.

"You were meant to go on a date? I'm sorry, Iz," Marcus apologises sincerely.

"And I'm sorry, too, but it's 5am in the morning! Go home and go back to bed, Marcus!" Mum calls after poking her head out the window a little further from mine, blonde hair falling out like Rapunzel. "Izzy isn't a morning person, and I'm surprised you're not dead yet for waking her up at the crack of dawn."

Marcus chuckles nervously as he says, "Sorry, Mrs. Lund." Mum grumbles something incoherent under her breath before ducking back in her room with dad and closing the window and curtains. Marcus looks back at me with a raised eyebrow. "You wouldn't really...? Would you?"

"I hate being woken up before my alarm," I tell him with a nod of my head. "I'll see you later, Marcus."

"Yeah. And I'll be sure to have those chocolates for you," He responds before turning and leaving.

I smile slightly before I close my own window and go back to bed.

I get up after my alarm at 8: 15 in the morning and get dressed in a short sleeved pink shirt that says Moody Mare on it and my pink jodhpurs with a pegasus necklace and flying pegasus earrings with pink and purple wings I'd gotten for my thirteenth birthday, when I'd gotten my ears pierced, along with the necklace.

I put on my mood ring I'd gotten when I was nine and tug on my boots before I put my hair in a ponytail and grab my bag.