Chapter 3

Isobel's P. O. V:

I'd met Pin at the Diner a week ago and when he'd finally showed up, Becky had asked if we were really still together. I'd told her not even being in different stables could keep us apart and she'd gushed about us until Pin and I placed our orders.

Then Pin had told me all about his time at Halloway, about his new teammates.

I wasn't usually jealous of other girls with my boyfriend. As long as they don't take him, I'm okay with my boyfriend being friends with other girls.

I head downstairs wearing a sleeveless purple blouse and purple jodhpurs, along with my purple cat jewellery set. I stop short when I see dad complimenting Mum who is wearing a helmet with horns.

 I stop short when I see dad complimenting Mum who is wearing a helmet with horns

(Just the helmet

(Just the helmet.)

"What are you wearing?" I ask as I go in for a quick breakfast of eggs and bacon which is already set out.

"It's my Maid of the Isle helmet," Mum says. "Maggie has one too. The Saxons once invaded the island but a warrior woman challenged them." I eat as I listen intently. "If she won, they would leave. If she lost..."

"But, she didn't because she won?" I ask knowingly. Mum nods her head.

"That's right. It's a fun tradition. I'd won the year after Maggie. You should come with us. I know how much you love the medieval era," Mum says.

"Err, thanks, but I'm supposed to be training with James Foresythe. I think I'll pass," I say, getting up from the table.

"Have fun, darling," Dad says.

"Oh, yes! Training with Mr. Creepy is fun," I say sarcastically, as I leave, I mutter, "Bring it on, James Foresythe."

I bike to the stables and get Pegasus tacked up. I meet James in the arena and warm my Arabian up. I keep my hands steady as I head for the first jump. Pegasus clears it easily and we head for the next.

I canter Pegasus back to James and halt him. "Not bad, Lund. It seems as though you haven't gone rusty this past year."

"What I've been telling you."