Chapter 12

Isobel's P. O. V:

The next morning, I stand with Mia, Susie, Jade, Becky, Gaby, my parents and Pin at the hitching post as Zoe goes through a bunch of newspapers about us, and the Open Day yesterday.

I wear a sleeveless light top with cars and Japanese lettering printed over it with my long sleeved purple jumper over it and my pink jodhpurs . I'm also wearing a rose quartz crystal cat paws jewellery set with my Arabian locket that I never take off.

 I'm also wearing a rose quartz crystal cat paws jewellery set with my Arabian locket that I never take off

""Wild Horse Rampage," "Bright Fields Stampede," "Mane Event is a Nightmare"?!" Zoe chucks the last of the newspapers down as she sighs

""Wild Horse Rampage," "Bright Fields Stampede," "Mane Event is a Nightmare"?!" Zoe chucks the last of the newspapers down as she sighs. "The Mayor can't just come to our island and threaten one of our wild horses!"

Susie says wearily, "She was deadly serious last night. She almost caught me and I had to apply for her internship to cover my tracks." Mia scoffs at this.

"Only you, Susie!"

"This is all my fault!" Zoe berates. "I'm the one that suggested the Open Day, brought the Mayor to Bright Fields, and then... made her mad."

Gaby says, swallowing thickly, "Now she's going to have this horse put down."

Pin says determinedly, "Not if I find it first."

I say wearily, "Wait, Pin, you saw that horse yesterday. She was—"

While picking up his saddle, the Hawthorne interrupts, "Provoked. She wouldn't act like that unless she was sick. I'm gonna track her down and find out what's going on."

"Wait!" I say as I go up to Pin. "I'm coming with you."

"So am I," Zoe says.

"Me too," Gaby says.

"And me," Jade says.

My parents chime their own agreement.

I tell Pin, "We can't let you take on a crazy horse on your own, can we?"

Pin smiles slowly in agreement.

I say as I walk with Pin out of the tack room, a halter in his hands, "So, when we find her, we're just going to take her back to your place, right?"