Chapter 7

Isobel's P. O. V:

As I was sleeping that night, I dream of Pegasus fidgeting in his stall out and whinnying out of fear.

I sit up with a gasp at the same time Zoe does, "Raven/Pegasus!!" We meet each other's gazes before looking to her window.

"Becky! Becky! Bright Fields is on fire!" Zoe exclaims as we go over to her window, seeing flames and smoke from the stables. Becky gets up as we grab our nightgowns. Zoe yells as we race down the stairs, "Mum! Mum! The stable is on fire! Come on, Becky, Izzy!"

Maggie calls as we race out of the house, "Girls, wait! Rosie, stay where you are! Dad, call 999! Let Elliott know!"

Rosie asks, "Mum, what's happening?!"

Zoe, Becky and I were already out the door as we race to the field outside her house.

"Raven/Pegasus!" Zoe and I exclaim as we skip through the fence into the paddock.

"Bob!" Becky exclaims as I rest my hand on a bay horse. "Someone's let the horses out." I spot Princess and Storm amongst the horses, but no Bob, Pegasus or Raven.

I say, "They're okay! They're okay. Pegasus!"

"Raven!" Zoe calls.

"Bob!" Becky shouts.

Zoe and I keep calling for our horses until Raven and Pegasus come trotting from the stables, whinnying fearfully.

"Pegasus!" I breathe in immense relief as my horse comes over to me and I cup his muzzle. He appears to be unharmed, making me feel even more relieved. "There's no need for you to be scared anymore boy. You're safe now." I hug his neck tightly, Pegasus snorting softly.

"Where's Bob?" Becky asks worriedly. She looks around for the Gypsy pony as Zoe's family joins us. "Bob?!"

"Becky, Izzy, Zoe!" Maggie calls, jogging over.

"Bob, where are you?!" Becky calls as Elliott pulls up and my parents run into the field with Elliott and Mia.

"Where's Firefly?" Mia asks fearfully.

"How did the horses get here?!" Mum asks, gazing around and spotting her skewbald mare.

I reply, turning to her, "Someone must've let them out!"

"I can't see Firefly!" Mia gasps, worry in her features.

Dad says, "Thirteen horses. We're missing two."

Becky says, "They must still be in the stables."

"Firefly?! Firefly!" Mia exclaims as we watch the flames rise higher. We jump back when they burst upward. "No!" Mia starts running towards the burning stables.

"Mia, no! It's too dangerous!" Zoe yells as the rest of us chase after the brunette.

"I'm coming, Firefly!"

"Mia, stop!!" Both of our dads shout.

"Bob's in there!" Becky says.

"Don't you dare...!" Maggie and mum scream.

We swerve to the side just as Firefly comes cantering out of the flames, Bob behind him.

"Get back!" Elliott calls.

"Bob!" Becky exclaims in immense relief just as the firefighters' sirens wail towards us. We jog back to the paddock where Bob is. "It was Bob who let the horses out! Bob must've used his untying truck to unlock the stable doors."

Mia says in gratitude, "He saved Firefly!"

I add, "And all the other horses."

"Bob's a hero, Becky," Mia tells her.