Bruised and Broken

Chapter One: Alice's p.o.v

No one should ever go through what I've been through. Never. I sat in the corner of a dark room, sobbing quietly, my legs tucked up tightly to my chest. I could still hear my father's deep voice in the back of my head. That made me sob harder.

 I layed my head on my bruised knees. My whole body ached, as though I had been hit by a car. This was going to be hard to cover up tomorrow.

 I crawled to the door, wincing in pain as I looked around to see if my father was anywhere to be found. He wasn't. He normally left afterward, usually to go get drunk with his friends..

Ever since my mother died when I was only 12, my dad went downhill. No, downhill is an understatement. He went off a 5,000 foot cliff. He went ballistic and, apparently, found pleasure in beating me then getting up and getting out. Once, he was gone for 4 weeks. I thought he wouldn't come back.

I never complain. I mean, it could be worse, right?. At least bruises heal. I wish he would just remarry and things could go back to normal again. Sadly, that doesn't look like it will happen any time soon. He's gone too much. He runs away from everything. He doesn't care enough.

I stood up, trying to find my center of balance. My legs were extremely weak. I held on to anything I could for support. Once I finally made it to my room, I layed my head on the pillow and felt every pain melt away. I was finally relaxed and drifted off to sleep.

     The next morning I felt a tad bit better, but hardly. Thankfully, he still wasn't home. No one knows would I go through. And I wanted to keep it that way. I'm ashamed.... I mean, who wouldn't be?  

I went to the bathroom, and hopped in the shower. The hot water loosened my muscles and I felt a little better. I stepped out and wrapped a towel myself. I threw my blonde hair up in a messy bun and begun the long, tedious process of covering the brusies. After a lot of hard work, I was completely covered. I threw on a long sleeved shirt and jeans. I was ready to go, and felt pretty good. At least, on the outside.

I walked down the 10 flights of stairs descending to the Froador's Apartment Complex's lobby.

"Morning, Steve," I said, smiling and slinging my messanger bag over my shoulder with a wince.

 "Good morning, Alice," the little old man behind the front desk smiled. "Do you need a ride to school?"

 "No thank you, Steve," I shook my head, "My friends are coming to get me."

Minutes later, a black BMW parked right in front of the giant glass lobby doors. My friends, Logan Smith and Willow Marcella, rolled down the window and waved. They're the only reason I'm not insane. They keep me level headed. They're pretty much the reason I'm still alive.

Logan stepped out of the driver's side and opened his arms to greet me. I rushed to him and let him wrap his arms around me. His hug was comforting and made me feel a little safer. 

 "Well, good morning, Alice," he patted my back, and we pulled away.

 "Hey," I smiled.

"Wow, thanks. Nice to see you, too, bitch," Willow shouts, getting out of the passenger's side of the car.

"I was getting there!" I yell at her and give her a hug.

 "Ugh. Okay," she tried to pull away my death grip of a hug, "That's good, thank you!"

 "Well, ladies," Logan stepped between us and tapped his watch, "Hate to break it to you, but we're going to be late if we don't go. Now."

We laughed and climbed into his car. Ten minutes later, we pulled into the parking lot of Ren High School. The outside was flooded with students of all sizes and ages. The bell rang and the flood moved inside. Let the day begin

xxxxxxxxx

Bitches, I edited it so now it still sucks but not as hard. I hope you liked it and I hope you love me. Because I love you. Keep reading, babes. <3

xoxo