Bruised and Broken: Chapter Thirteen

~*Chapter Thirteen*~

~*Jaylon’s p.o.v*~

                I was at the hospital within five minutes. It was only 12:38 when I arrived, but extra time was a good thing. It gave me more time to give someone the check, and gave Cecily less time to say no.  I don’t care if she doesn’t want it anymore. Her not being okay isn’t okay with me. I burst through the doors and marched straight to the front desk. 

                “Hi, I’m looking for Cecily Kingston,” I muttered, out of breath.

                “Oh yes, she’s in room 124, sweetie pie,” the nurse stretched out her old, feeble hand and handed me a visitor’s pass.  In return, I handed her the check for $5,000. She looked confused.

                “It’s for her surgery; please give it to the doctor.” I nodded at her and ran down the halls, towards Cecily’s room.  When I bolted through the door, Cecily was talking to the doctor, about surgery.

                “I’m paying for it,” I blurted out, not really knowing if that’s even what they were talking about. “And I don’t care if you don’t want me too. I already gave the nurse the check. You need it. You will be okay.” The doctor looked over his reading glasses and smirked.

                “Well, then let’s schedule a surgery date,” he nodded and lead me to the chair. Cecily glared at me then smiled and lipped ‘thank you’. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

                After about ten minutes, the surgery date had been scheduled and Cecily was released from the hospital.  I offered to give Cecily a ride, which she accepted, and decided the car ride was a good time to try to get the incident out of her.  I got her into the truck and just sat there.

                “Are you gonna go?” She joked.

                “Not until you tell me what happened.” I said, staring at the trees ahead of us, “the real story.”

                “It’s nothing. Really, just don’t worr-“

                “Stop, damn it! You know it isn’t ‘nothing’!  Just tell me!” I yelled, frustrated. “You know you can tell me anything.”

                Silence. Silence was her response. After about 5 minutes of it, she sighed.

                “It’s my dad, okay?” She looked at me, tears in her eyes.  “It’s no big deal.”

                “What?” I asked, confused. I started the truck and whipped out of the parking lot. “I’m getting you out.”

                 The normally ten minute trip from the hospital to Cecily’s apartment building was only three minutes.  I jumped out of the truck and stormed in the building.

                “Is Brice Kingston available?” I asked the elder man at the front desk.

                “No, I’m sorry sir. He’s not here right now.” He responded.

                “Perfect.” I bolted up the stairs and to the Kingston residence.  The door was still unlocked, so I simply invited myself in. I grabbed a few suitcases out of a closet and packed all of Cecily’s things. Every last shirt and shampoo bottle. I wasn’t letting her live like this anymore.

                “Jaylon Hightower, why do you have suitcases? More importantly, my suitcases?” Cecily questioned. I started the car and headed towards my house before I answered.

                “Your things. You’re not living like this.” I pulled into my drive way and ran up to my room, packed my bags, bid my mother goodbye and told her I would be back, grabbed my wallet, and ran back out to the truck.

                “Where are we going?!” Cecily yelled, demanding I tell her.

                “Away.” I pulled out of the driveway and started driving. I wasn’t quite sure where, but we were getting out of here. It didn’t matter where. Just anywhere but here.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Guess what, you guys?!?!? I UPLOADED!! YAY!!! Sorry it took so long, I just haven’t really had the time, lately. :/ Also, sorry it’s short, but it’s an upload, aye?! :D So…. Yeah. ‘Kay. I LOVE YOU GUYS! :D

[Song of the day: Miserable at Best- Mayday Parade <3]

Peace peeps ^_^ 

Fan.

Vote.

Comment.

Critize.

~Kendyl<3