Chapter Six

Chapter Six: Alice's p.o.v

The last place I wanted to be right now was home, but I didn't particularly want to be having dinner with Dalton Young. I just sat there checking my phone every two seconds, expecting new messages. Finally, the phone buzzed to life with a text. It was from Noah.

Alice, I'm so sorry if I said or did anything wrong. Please call me. -N

My stomach sank as I did in the seat. He didn't do anything wrong or say anything wrong or whatever. He's never done anything but be perfect, quite frankly. He, actually, was a really good person and I could never imagine him doing anything wrong. And it crushes me that I had to leave and couldn’t tell him why.

Dalton cleared his thorat, forcing me to return to reality and realize where I was with who. “So... why did you say yes?”

"I either could have gone home, my own personal hell on Earth, or I could go eat dinner with a total ass. Quite frankly, I'd rather do neither, but this seemed slightly better.”

"Why did you not want to go home?"

"I didn't want to."

"Why?"

"Stop asking."

"But wh-" 

I slammed my hands on the table and slid my chair back. “I'm leaving, good bye.” I grabbed my bag out of his car and headed down the street. I was walking in the direction of my house, though I should be walking towards Noah's. I should call him.... My phone buzzed to life with a call from Noah.

“Hello?”

“Alice, h-.”

 “I’m so sorry about this afternoon, Noah. I... I just walked out without telling you. I’m so sorry, I just-“

“It’s okay,” he cut me off. “Are you okay? Where are you? Do you need anything?”

“I’m all right. I’m almost home. I’ll see you tomorrow, I have to go.”

“Oh,” it sound like I stabbed his heart by saying I had to go, "see you tomorrow.”

I hung up, hot tears stinging my eyes. I wiped my cheeks, checking for stary tears, as I walked into the lobby. I decided to take the stairs, the ten flights might by me some time.

I climbed the tenth and final flight, swallowing the dry lump in my throat . Slowly, I crept down the hall to 1015. From outside, I could hear him and another unfamiliar voice inside. I snuck in quietly, hoping he wouldn't hear me. Before I could close the door behind me, the breeze from the open window caused it to slam. A woman shot up from the couch, clutching a sheet to her bare chest. God, my father was a disgusting creature. She smiled hello then trotted to the bathroom with her clothes. My father stood up, lacking all clothes except boxers. He looked mad and taken aback by my presence.”What are you doing here?”

“I live here, as well, you know."

The woman walked out, fully dressed now, and handed my father a slip of paper. She winked at him then walked out. 

“You said,” he stood up and started walking towards me. I stumbled backwards with each step he took towards me. “You said you were staying the night with a friend tonight.” His face grew cold. “And don't be a smart ass.” He grabbed my wrists and dragged me into his office, flinging me into the corner. I hit the wall with a thud and fell to the cold ground. I winced from fear and closed my eyes."You know I hate smart asses," he snapped, slapping me across the face, full force. I turned my face, tears stinging my eyes. He slapped me again and again and the beating went on and on. I saw a flicker of light bounce off the pocket knife in his hand. Every hit or slash made my body grow weaker and weaker. I felt my self slipping, slipping into a place I'd never been before. The pool of blood grew bigger as the light surrounding me faded, my eyelids growing heavy. Suddenly, it stopped. The hits, the hurt, it all stopped. I heard his keys jingle and the door slam, then I was alone. Alone in the dark. Alone on the floor. Alone in a pool of blood. Alone. I was too weak to move, and I didn't want to try. So I just lay there, alone and cold, until I fall asleep.

 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited. Much shorter now, I'm sorry:(

Dueces.