Bruised and Broken: Chapter Eleven

~*Chapter Eleven*~

~*Cecily’s p.o.v.*~

Sunlight poured into the office, rudely waking me up. I grabbed the edge of a table and pulled myself to my feet. My legs were weak, but strong enough to hold me up. My arms and legs were covered in bruises and dried spots blood, the floor covered in specks of dry blood and locks of hair. I limped over to the window to see if his car was gone, which it was. Determined to get to my room, I crawled on the cold hardwood floor all the way there. I gave up half way and just lay on the floor, staring at the ceiling. It was finally peaceful when someone knocked on the door. I jumped up and grabbed a blanket, covering my body and face. Wondering who it could be, I looked out the peep hole to see a hyper Carlos and an annoyed Trey. Crap. I opened the door and was hug-attacked by Carlos. “CECILY!” I loved Carlos, I really did it was hard not to, but now wasn’t the time. His hug hurt like crap. “Girl, you look awful.”

“Thanks, Carlos…” I pulled the blanket farther down over my head. “Not trying to be rude, but why are you guys here?”

"To pick you up for school… duh.” Carlos slurred the last word and crossed his eyes. He’s such a dork… 

“Not going, sorry,” I plopped down on the couch and rubbed my throbbing ankle. 

“Why noooot?” Carlos sat down next to me and bounced up and down. He grabbed the blanket and tried to pull it off of me.

“CARLOS! NO!” I pulled back and kicked him multiple times in the thigh. He sadly succeeded and pulled the blanket off, leaving me in my shorts and tank top… oh yeah, and covered in dry blood and bruises. “Uh…. Cecily….”

“Oh God,” Trey ran in and knelt next to me. “Cecily, are you okay?” I flipped over on my back, covering my face. “C’mon,” he went to pick me up but I slap-stopped him.

“NO! No one can know! Just leave!” I swatted at his face and closed my eyes.

“No, we are not leaving! You need to go to a doctor!” Trey tried to reach for me again.

“NO!”

“YES!”

“NO!”

“YES!”

“TREY!”

“CECILY!”

“Carlossssssss,” Carlos decided he needed to butt in and say his name in his “sexy” voice. We both shot him daggers then resumed a very intense stare down. While I wasn’t paying attention, Trey picked me up bridal style and ran out the door.

“Shut the door behind you Carlos!” Trey bolted down the hall and down all ten flights of stairs. He cupped his hand over my mouth once he got to the lobby. Steve has his back turned, giving Trey the perfect opportunity to slip out and run to his car. He dumped me in the passenger seat and stuck Carlos in the back. The whole trip to the hospital (all 10 minutes of it) Trey had called Jaylon, and listened to me complain about how I was fine and didn’t need to go to the hospital. Once we pulled into the parking lot, Jaylon was already pacing by the door. Trey carried me inside, and there were already nurses waiting to take me to the back.

“Ms. Kingston, would you like one of your friends to come to the back with you?” One older nurse asked me. I nodded, and Jaylon offered to go with me before I had the chance to answer. The nurses nodded and rolled me to the back with Jaylon.

   ~*Later*~

The room they put me in was crammed and cold. Jaylon and I sat in silence as we waited patiently for the doctor. I kept thinking of the worst possible things that could happen to me.

After about 20 minutes of awkward silence, a middle-aged doctor sauntered in with a pile of papers. “You must be Ms. Kingston. How are you today?” He had a firm grip when he shook my hand.

“I’m good, and please, call me Cecily.”

“Well Cecily, your results are in. You currently have: 5 cracked ribs, a punctured lung, and a sprained left ankle. Not as bad as I thought, but pretty serious. Is there a parent or guardian we can speak too?"

 "Um, no I live alone." They don't have to know my crazy psychopathic father did this to me.

“Well, we need to talk about the fines. You would need surgery for the punctured lung; but other than that, just stay in bed and do breathing exercises."

   “How much would the surgery be?”

 “About $5,000. Healing time: 8 or so weeks. You’re being released today, but stay off that foot and STAY IN BED. We will call you in a few weeks to schedule a surgery date.” With that, he walked out of the room.

“$5,000…. 5 THOUSAND dollars...” I slapped myself in the head. “How am I gonna come up with that much money…” Jaylon jumped up and stood by my bed.

 “Let me pay for it,” he sat down on the edge of the bed and brushed a piece of hair out of my eyes.  “Please, it’s the least I could do.”

"No,I'm not letting you do that. You didn't do this; you're not paying for it," I protested, moving his hand and sighing.

"Well, who did do it to you?" Crap...

"No one, it's nothing. I'll just use some of my mom's will money, no biggy."

"Cecily," he grabbed my hand and looked me straight in the eye, "Who. Did. This?"

"I did. I ran into the corner of a table and fell. I'm fine," intimidated, I looked away, avoiding further eye contact. 

"Cecily, tell me!" He sounded frustrated.

"No, Jaylon." I looked down at my hands, "no. Just leave."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey! Sorry it was short :/ I didn't want it to move to fast and I already had this one move pretty fast. Even though it moved fast and it was short I hoped you liked it! 

[Song of the day: Kiss It Better by He Is We]

Comment.

Fan.

Vote.

Critize.

~Kendyl<3