46. Last Fight Gone Wrong, Part 2

A/N: now, the anticipated sequel... or so i think (y'all did anticipate this right?)
(yeah i didn't rly know what to call this)

TW: a n g s t (and maybe, perhaps, possibly, d e a t h) anyways
(proceed with caution)

Philza couldn't let him die. Which was why he raced forwards when everyone was frozen, and pushed Grian out of the way as the axe cut down.

He felt the cold metal slide into his flesh, momentarily hiding the pain with the coolness before the axe pulled out, leaving only pain behind. He collapsed on his stomach, Grian under him from his tackle.

"Phil!" Grian yelled as chaos erupted around him. Phil couldn't really see what was going on, but a pair of hands found him and shook him vigorously as frantic footsteps sounded.

The pair of hands started to tear at his clothes, yanking off his armor to examine the wound. Soft feathers fell onto his back. Grian. Phil thought as the other avian pressed a cloth onto the gash, trying desperately to seal the wound.

"It's too late." Phil murmured as swords began to clash again.

"No, it's not." Grian snarled, but there was a teary note to his voice. "It's not. Phil, please hang in there."

"It was nice meeting you." Phil whispered.

"No! Shut up! You're not dying. You're not going to die! PLEASE!" Grian begged, still trying to stop the blood.

Chaos erupted around Grian as he tried, so desperately, to save Phil. "Phil, Phil, please." He whispered, grabbing everything he could to press onto the giant side gash on his back, just below his ribs. "Please, please!"

"Grian..." Phil whispered, and Grian looked to his avian companion, desperate to see his green eyes. "Will you forgive me for arguing with you?" He murmured, eyes closed.

"Please don't say that." Grian replied, sadness gripping his heart. "It wasn't your fault."

"You were right, though. Tommy and Tubbo are too young to fight..." Phil said softly.

Grian bit his lip. What could he say? What could he say, in this situation, to comfort his dying friend?

No. Grian thought. Not dying. Not dying at all. Phil will not die. He cannot die. "Phil, please hang in there."

There was too much blood. Too much blood spilling out of the wound in his friend, too much blood for him to stop. Blood was spreading everywhere, on his hands, on his clothes, on Phil's clothes.

Phil's breathing was getting shallower, quickening with every breath. Despair washed over Grian. "Tommy!" He screamed. "Tommy!" He had no idea if the boy could hear him, but he prayed, prayed to whoever was out there that Tommy would.

Footsteps sounded behind him, but Grian didn't look away from Phil. He couldn't bear to. He just hoped that whoever was behind him was a friend, and not a foe. "Grian?" The person behind him breathed, and Grian recognized Tommy's voice.

"Tommy!" Grian gasped, turning around so fast, Tommy flinched back in surprise. The avian's black eyes were blazing as he dragged Tommy towards him, thus showing him Phil.

Tommy froze completely before he collapsed to his knees beside his father. "Phil..." Tommy cried, his hands clenching into a fist on the floor. His already-bloodied hands wetted with Philza's blood, staining them a bright red.

"Hello, swearing child." Phil said softly, smiling at his own joke.

Grian gently flipped Phil over so that he was facing up, so that he could talk with Tommy more freely. "You're not dying, right?" Tommy whispered, looking into Phil's green eyes. "Right? Phil?"