Aftermath

Disclaimer: Triggering words referring to things such as de@th, su1cide, etc in relation to bullying. There is no actual de@th, su1cide, etc though, only bullying, mistreatment, ridicule, those types of things.

***

"I'm starting to think it wasn't food poisoning after all

"I'm starting to think it wasn't food poisoning after all."

"What do you think it was??"

"Stress."

"Stress?"

"Yeah. It could be my guy's past relationship issues coming up now and then. Or the stress of dealing with slanderous rumors about us."

J, who's in idle chit chat during down time with her young bubbly boss, makes sure to not mention the names Trump or Fake News.

"I didn't know you have a boyfriend J!!!! This is news to me!!!"

"I just feel shy talking about it..." she responds sheepishly, giving half the truth.

"Well, if it causes you that much stress maybe you'd want to reevaluate your relationship!"

"I see..."

"You know, set some healthy boundaries!"

"Ok."

"Wow! Annyyyway, what's he like?!"

J pauses for a bit, as if she's in thought.

"......Uh, he's older."

"I see! How older?! Are we talking about a five to ten year gap or someone much older, midlife crises, like a total dilf, you know?!"

J's eyes widens at her boss' term "dilf," ....it's rather blunt, but nonetheless that's probably the right term to use.

"Um, total dilf. Textbook definition!"

"....J really?! Wow, didn't know you'd go for that type of guy! But hey, do you girl!"

She could only blush.

"Anyway, what type of work he does? Is he rich?"

"He's the owner of...a business."

"Wow, ok? ...will I ever get to meet this much older handsome rich guy?"

"Umm... I guess!"

Her heart rate quickens. There's NO way she'll have her ultra liberal boss meet Trump.

"Anyway, take your time! Make sure he's the one!"