Chapter 3

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

Side Note: I've added that link to the book that has intel over England school years and ages. It's in the first chapter for anyone who might want to have a look.

**************************************

The night soon passed into day and Pidge had opened her shop once more. The children already in school and grown ups were either walking or during their daily duties. Pidge left her radio to play on a small bedside table that sat by the back door that'd lead to her mini kitchen break room, the back door and the stairs to her own home above. 

She happily worked on the pocket watch, glasses on since it was never bad to be too careful. More so when she's already had a random spring pop out in the past and almost took out her eye. So, no matter the project, she'd wear her glasses. 

Hours flying past, a few customers coming going, some leaving their personal objects that needed her handy work and some going elsewhere once Pidge noted that she didn't do those type of repairs.  

The radio always playing low in the background as she worked and she didn't notice how much time had passed until her shop door opened. She glanced up, wondering when she had turned the lights on in her shop but shook away her random thoughts when she took notice of the .. customer. 

"This will make the perfect base for us" Kairi stated with an approving nod as she looked around the messy shop. Well, it seemed messy but everything had it's place and it was mostly safe for other's to wonder around in.  

The only area left untouched in the back of the store but counters were added to stop customers from passing. Sure, Pidge left the counter gate open but her desk was not too far from the opened gate so she'd notice if someone step past her safety line. 

"Shouldn't you be waiting for your Dad?" Pidge asked as she placed her tools back down on her working desk and wiping her hands on her apron. 

"He's late, he warned me he'd be late this time. Phoned up school, told the teacher that I'd have to wait at the bus stop .. again. But that gives us enough time to talk battle plans" Kairi explained as she hurried over to where Pidge stepped out into the main space, closing the counter gate behind her to keep Kairi from wondering in. 

"Ah, we do need to think up some battle plans. But are you sure this place is good enough for our base? We could have listening devices placed in already" Pidge replied back, looking completely serious but trying to bite back her smirk from showing. 

"Don't worry, I'm rather certain no one else would hide out here. You're able to scare other's away meaning they won't touch your den" Kairi answered without having to think making Pidge snort a little. 

Children were clearly honest. 

"But what about your Dad? What happens when he comes running to the bus stop and finding your gone. Wouldn't want to make him sad" Pidge calmly spoke as she walked towards Kairi who was staring at some of the clocks and ordainments she's made herself and sold for some who were looking for old fashioned gifts or rare gifts.  

"Oh" Kairi breathed out as she didn't think about that part. 

"He's going to be really worried and scared if he can't see you. He'd think someone stole you far away. Stealing all your cuteness from you too" Pidge replied with a small smile, tapping the young girl forehead and leaving a small dirty fingerprint behind.