Chapter 30

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

Warning: The chapter might be a bit dark. We'll be learning over Keith and Pidge high school days and their past. 

****************************************

"Hey" Pidge shyly smiled, her hands shoved in her coat pocket as she stood on the Shirogane doorstep. 

"Hey" Keith awkwardly replied, giving a light greeting nod. 

"Think we could talk?" Pidge asked, looking to him and wondering if this was all a bad mistake. Maybe she should have just kept her distance .. Keith would clearly push her away just like she did to him. She was an Crowned Alpha, he hated her kind. 

"Sure. Mind doing it in the kitchen" Keith replied, stepping to the side and letting her in. 

"Sure" Pidge muttered back, slipping her shoes off while he closed the door behind her. 

The two walked towards the kitchen in silence, Keith stopping at the twins room and poking his head inside to check they were actually sleeping and they were. Both slipping inside the kitchen, awkwardly leaning against different counters at first and staring at the floor, getting their own feelings and thoughts sorted out. 

"You were the one to call the cops" Pidge accused, already knowing he was the one. She wasn't home last night, staying at her brothers and getting ready to announce to the world the truth over Lotor. When she went to visit her store .. she saw the police tape and picked up a newspaper.

"I asked a favour. Some in the department owed him some favours and he fast tracked the case" Keith admitted with a guilty look, scratching at his cheek as he knew she was a private person but he knew Shiro would make quick work of the case. He was a good cop people could reply on to do the right thing and gain justice. 

"How did you know it was Lotor?" Pidge asked next, a curious shine in her eyes as she finally looked to him. 

"I um .. followed you when you went to meet him" Keith answered, glancing to the side as he knew he broke some boundaries over following her like that and listening in to a private conversation. He would have been pissed if the roles were swapped. 

"Then you know" Pidge barely spoke above a whisper, her body paled and she never looked more scared than she did in that moment. 

"That you're a crowned Alpha .. yeah, I know" Keith sighed, giving a weak nod and looking to her unsure, still not believing what she was. 

"Sorry" Pidge choked out, lowering her head and quickly wiping away the forming tears as she wasn't going to let herself cry. 

"Is that why you left? Because I said I hated Alphas" Keith quietly asked, his hands gripping at the end of his top as he blamed himself for her walking out of his and his daughter life. He wouldn't have mentioned his hate for Alphas if he had known she was one .. he didn't hate her, he couldn't hate her. 

"Yes, I didn't want to end up hurting you or Kairi. I thought If I slowly placed distance between us .. we'd drift apart naturally without hurting you or Kairi. I didn't .. I didn't want you to find out over my second gender and turn to .. hate me. To despise me, to see me as a monster once you learn over me being a crowned Alpha. I'm wore than a normal Alpha" Pidge replied, explaining over her reasoning and admitting how much of a coward she was for running away first. To protect herself from getting hurt by them when she had grown so close both him and his daughter.