Chapter 20

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

********************************

Keith loved Friday night, he had more fun than he could ever remember having during a friends dinner. Sure, he was stuck with his brother, his brother in law, both nieces and his own daughter. But he still had the time of his life with Pidge, he couldn't believe he laughed as much as he did and even flirted a little. 

He was overjoyed and well, walked back home with Pidge. Leaving Kairi at the Shirogane household since she was have a sleep over with them over the weekend. And, he was rather glad for her to be staying with his brother because it gave him a bit of alone time with Pidge. 

He loved it. 

They mostly kept to an content silence before crackling up over a joke or a silly story they randomly mentioned. But it was still .. nice. 

Him awkwardly hovering outside her shop, making sure she got inside safely and locked up before heading back home himself. Feeling on cloud nine and even as he woke up in the middle of the night to find out his heat came early .. his mood stayed good. 

Of course, he kept off his heat suppressants over the weekend, handling it naturally while he didn't have to worry over his daughter. He did phone Adam, letting him know over the suddenly heat and Adam offered to keep Kairi until Monday, taking her to school with him since he was a teacher there. Keith agreed, mostly enjoying the Sunday evening to deal with his heat alone instead of going on his suppressants to care for his daughter. He didn't have to worry over any school uniform since she arrived Friday still dressed in her uniform and knew Adam would wash it over the weekend.

Keith did try calling Pidge on Saturday evening, trying to cheer her up as he knew she was stuck shopping with Romelle. But, she didn't answer and he didn't bother trying again. Focusing more on dealing with his heat and sending a text to Hunk on Sunday morning. He'd be on his heat suppressants at work and they've never failed on him before when he's worked but he knew Hunk worried over such things. Mostly trying to keep the garage and side café an pheromones free space. 

Hunk seemed all right with it, offering Keith to have a week or a few days off if he needed it. After all, he normally gives Antok and Regris four weeks off for their ruts, both always taking the week leave to help with the other goes into an rut as well so they're not stuck dealing with it alone. Hunk was happy to do the same for Keith, even every month before Keith refused. His heats weren't that bad and basic suppressants worked for him. Of course, he'd use the more expensive ones during work hours to protect himself and his co-workers in case an asshole of an Alpha released their pheromones without any care for those around them. 

And work well smooth, as it did last month when he went into heat. Antok and Regris didn't seem to know over it, Hunk whispering that he'd keep such private matters to himself and wouldn't tell any co-workers anything unless it was needed. For example, if one of them fell into an heat or rut at work and took shelter in the locker room or Hunk office. 

Keith was thankful and he was glad that he'd finally found the perfect job, that he worked in a good place with good people. 

But he also notice as the week ended and he was heat free again. Pidge hasn't tried speaking with him, in person or by phone. Sure, they didn't overly text each other or call but still .. she's been radio silent. She gave a few basic replies when he asked her if she could keep an eye on Kairi on the Thursday when he felt a bit rough and got sent home from work early, Hunk placing it down as a bad headache when the other's worried for him but Keith knew that he'd accidently took one of his heat suppressants too early and gained side effects.