11 A

Ava's dad returned about an hour later, carrying two steaming potions of fish and chips. Smiling, he handed Ava one, who began to demolish it. She hadn't realised how hungry she was.

"Who whoa whoa." Said her dad, glancing up from his own meal. "Hold your horses. Slow down lady, or you'll give yourself indigestion."

Ava grinned and continued to eat, painstakingly slowly. Her dad sighed and rolled his eyes and they laughed together, before continuing to eat, at a normal pace.

When both of them were finished Ava's dad brought out another surprise. He pulled out a plain, brown box from behind his back and handed it to Ava, who opened the lid to reveal two small, brown mice. She squealed then realised: they were made of chocolate. Ava lifted one out and inspected it. It was a small chocolate muffin, cut in half and covered in melted chocolate. Then It had two half almonds for ears and icing for whiskers and eyes.

"Wow, dad, thanks." She whispered, staring in awe at the beautifully decorated cake. Her dad took out the second one and grinned at Ava, the smile making the edges of his eyes crinkle.

"Well, they're not just to look at." He winked and they both tucked in to their luxury cakes.

When both of them had finally finished and Ava had drunk her way through a whole pint of milk her dad gave her a pillow off the bed and she settled herself comfortably in the window seat. Her dad leant back in his chair beside her, and then there came a knock in the door.

Please turn to a chapter with the title '12'