8 A

Ava sighed and settled herself back into the hospital bed, sighing grumpily. After a couple of minutes a man with mad professor hair and small, round glasses wearing a long white lab coat and holding a clip board walked in. He wandered over to the window, muttering to himself and writing something down, without even noticing Ava. Ava coughed and the man looked up.

"Ah! You just be Ava!" He exclaimed, running over and shaking her hand vigorously.
"I'm Dr. Daniel. I'm your physiologist!" He seemed so optimistic it creeped Ava out slightly.
"-and you'll see, we'll get you sorted in no time!" Dr. Daniel appeared to have been saying something, but Ava didn't know what.

"How did I get here?" Ava demanded, grabbing his arm and holding onto it tightly, like she had done with the nurse.

"Uh-ah-eh-um-ah-ur-well-ow-please-ow-get-off-my-ouch-arm." Dr. Daniel stuttered and Ava loosened her grip.

"A neighbour heard your screams and came to investigate. Your father wouldn't let him in, but he managed to catch sight of you lying unconscious, bleeding, on the floor. He quickly rang an ambulance and the police. Your father was arrested while you were brought here." Dr. Daniel said, and Ava let go.

"Once you've been all patches up and are feeling okay to move ad walk about you will be going to a new foster family, who will take good care of you. Now, do you actually need me?" Dr. Daniel asked, jotting something down on his clipboard. Ava wondered what it was, she hadn't actually said anything.

"No. I just want to be alone please." She said, so the physiologist left, humming to himself as he went.

Please turn to a chapter entitled 'The End'