Daydream Away

Check the Author's Note at the bottom for a little contest! ;) Also, to the side is an image I got from Google of the closest thing I could find to Lover's Alley, plus the song that I named the chapter for.

I holed myself up in my room for a little while after that. I didn't know who I was the most upset with: Tori, for tricking me into meeting with Ryan, Ryan, for peeking into the things in my head that were private, or myself, for being such a coward in the first place.

When Tori came in, I pretended to be asleep. I couldn't face her yet, knowing that she would probably be expecting me to be gushing over how sweet and amazing and perfect Ryan is. I let out soft snores and buried myself under my blankets in hopes that she would leave me alone. Soon, I fell asleep and into dreamland.

In my dream, I was a contestant on a dating show. The whole set was bright pink and had hearts everywhere, and I wanted to puke from the Valentine's Day cheesiness of it all. I was sitting in a chair, and in a mirror, I caught sight of my reflection.

Oh, God. I was dressed in a pink tube dress, with my hair all coiffed up and dramatic pink lips. My legs dangled from the chair, with hot pink stiletto heels pointing at the pink tiled floor. In front of me was a booth with three curtained off areas, each with a silhouette that indicated that there was a person sitting behind it.

Mr. Connelly appeared with a microphone and started speaking into it like he was a talk show host.
"Heeeere's Lover's Alley, the game show you all know and love! Today we have Liza Spears, and behind the curtain are three of the boys in her life: Sammy, Ryan and Bradley! We've altered their voices so she can't tell who they are, and we're going to ask them relationship questions and see who wins a date with Liza at the end for the big reveal!"

"Wait, what? I didn't agree to this!" I yelled, but nobody paid me any attention. Me. C just went on and began asking his questions as though I hadn't spoken.

"Question number 1! What is Liza's favorite color?" BUZZ!

"Contestant number two?"

A crackly, clearly auto-tuned voice spoke. "Purple." DING!

"Correct!" Mr. C shouted. "Next question. What is Liza's favorite food?" BUZZ!

"Contestant number one?"

Another warped voice said, "Pizza with extra cheese." DING!

"Correct! What was Liza's nickname from her parents when she was little?" BUZZ!

"Contestant one?" "Uhh, um, Cutiepie?" ANNN!

BUZZ! "Contestant three?" "Puppy?" DING!

The questions like that went on and on, and each of the contestants seemed to be earning an equal amount of points each. Soon, the score was at seven points each, with one more question to break the tie.

"Last question for the win! What is Liza's middle name?"

Silence roamed over the set. For several moments, nobody buzzed in. Finally, someone buzzed in.

"Contestant two?"

"Sandra?" ANNN! "Sorry, no," said Mr. C. "Contestants one or three?"

BUZZ! "Contestant one?"

"Danielle?" ANNN! "No, wrong again. Contestant one, do you want to try?"

BUZZ! "Okay, contestant one. This is for the win!"

Time seemed to crawl by as the boy thought of the answer. At this point, I had no idea who was out of the running and who was still in. Bradley couldn't know that much about me, could he?