Chapter Three

MILO'S POV:

(Y/n) smiled softly, but to be quite frank, I was still in la la land. "I-uh-" I cleared my throat and adjusted my glasses. "I-it's been a while...I haven't seen you since..well since you left Mr. Whitmore's place."

(Y/n) sat down on a bed and sighed. "I went back to my parent's house."

"But why? You don't have any-"

Just then, the mole guy appeared and shoved (y/n) off the bed, making her land in my arms. "YOU....SAT IN DE DIRT!" He took off the blanket to reveal several piles of dirt. He gasped, "Look what YOU did! Out! Out! Shoo!!" He started to push us out the door. (Y/n)'s head accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh. You sat in the dirt, didn't you?" The man said, with a soft smile.

"N-not on purpose..!" (Y/n) squealed out loud. I patted her shoulder.

The man stared down at the mole guy. "Mole, what did I tell you about being kind to other people?"

Mole narrowed his eyes at (y/n). "SHE sat in de-"

The man pulls out a bar of soap. "Don't make me use this."

Mole hissed and the man started to swat him bum with a towel. "Get out of here! Go back in the darkness!" Mole hissed again and hid under his blanket.

The man turned around and placed the towel on his shoulder. "The name's Joshua Sweet. Medical officer. So if you have any broken bones..." he grabbed (y/n)'s arm and rubbed it. "I'll be the one to fix it up."

Out of jealousy, I grabbed (y/n) by the shoulder and pulled her closer to me. "Thank you, Doctor Sweet."

Sweet smiled and turned around to grab something out his suitcase. Just then, the Commander was on the intercom. "Rose and Milo, at the bridge please."

Sweet patted both of our shoulders. "You heard him. He doesn't like to wait." (Y/n) nodded, understanding. "Sounds like someone I know." I said quietly enough for her to hear. She playfully punched me.

"Let's go. We'll see you later Sweet." Then we left, taking the stairs to the bridge.

"So....you used your mom's name to get on board?"

(Y/n) shook her head. "Before I was on board, Mr. Whitmore hugged me and called me that. So I went with it." I knew she was lying- or at least partly, but I decided to not push it.

"Damn, how many steps are there?" (Y/n) panted and leaned against me a bit. I blushed. "Eh- I think we're almost there. I see Commander's head."

I glanced over and blushed hard. Gosh, even just looking at her makes me blush. It's been so long since I've seen her, and she's changed. Not entirely a lot, but she's different- A GOOD DIFFERENT!

"Milo boy? Did you hear me?" Commander asked.

"Huh? What?" I said, adjusting my glasses.

"I SAID we all have your attention."

I glanced at (y/n). She was a nervous wreck, and I could tell. I kept in a chuckle and whispered in her ear. "It's okay. I've got it. You can stand with everyone else." She nodded quickly and stood next to the Commander. I cleared my throat. "L-let's do a few slides."

"So- according to the Book of Job, there's a creature so terrifying and sailors would be so afraid of it, once they saw it, they would go mad." I put in a slide and everyone started to laugh. "Hubba hubba." A woman said. I looked up and blushed, quickly taking it out. "Uh- I'm sorry- that's wrong..." I said looking through the slides. I glanced at (n/n) again and I could see her zoned out.