Chapter Six

MILO'S POV:

Grabbing a hand shovel and toilet paper, I crawled out of my tent and walked away from everyone to pee. Once I found a spot, I dug a hole and placed the toilet paper on the rock beside me. I held the flashlight in my mouth while sleepily unbuckling my pants. When I was about to do my business, a bug caught my attention. "Oh hey little...AH!" The little bug landed on the toilet paper, causing the paper to go into flames.

I looked up to see their nest glowing as more escaped. I gasped and dropped my flashlight. "Fire!! Fire!!" I ran towards everyone, trying to pull my pants up. "Fire!!"

Commander went out of his tent with a pissed face. "Thatch! Go back to-"

Blondey was already giving out orders, trying to get everyone to wake up. "Get some water on that fire!"

Commander stopped her. "No time, get us to those caves! Move it! Move it! Move it!" The trucks quickly speed to the caves, leaving their burning tents behind.

"Rose! Milo! Jump!" Audrey screamed, holding her arm out. I grabbed (y/n) by the waist and tossed her in the back with Audrey, then jumped in the back of the truck moments after. (Y/n) hugged me tightly, keeping me away from the edge. I hugged her back, trying to calm her down. "Shhh shhh, I'm okay. I'm here."

From the weight of the trucks and digger, the bridge fell from underneath us. "Nononono!!" Mole said as the digger went backwards. Shortly, all the trucks started to fall down with the digger, crashing down in a dark hole.

~~~

"Alright, who's not dead? Sound off." Commander said in the darkness. He turned on a flashlight and looked around. Most people answered by groaning and muttering. "Audrey- damage report."

"Not as bad as it could've been. We totalled rigs 2 and 7, but the digger looks like it'll still run."

Mole sniffed a rock nearby and turned on his light above his head. "Pumice ash. We are standing at te base of a dormant volcano!"

"Wait volcano? So it'll erupt?" Sweet asked, looking around.

"No no! Dat is why it's a DORMANT volcano."

"If we could blow the top off, we'd have a straight shot to the surface." Commander said, looking up. "What do you think, Thatch?" He looked around. "Thatch? Thatch?? Rose!?"