ch. 7

George glanced around, making sure he was indeed alone. That was something that had changed since he moved in here, not used to being so often in the presence of someone else when he was just in his home.

That person almost always being Dream.

But, now, George was back into his own room, trying to get resettled after the whole visa visit debacle, which was an entire upheaval of his already tentative space.

It was a little difficult to adjust to everything that was so entirely new when George didn't have that comfort of home, the stuff he brought with him that assured him this is where he belonged in one permanent place.

He let out a wistful sigh, knowing that even though the tumultuous moving around made him more on edge, George also wanted it to stay like that, stay in that comfortable space with Dream that couldn't truly be replicated anywhere else.

The distance between them disappeared in those moments, Dream being so soft and open, George not having to worry about any defenses or deflections Dream put up.

They were close, of course, have been for a long while now. But, not having the screens and ocean separating them anymore, Dream was less so.. something.

Like there was a wall, some sort of boundary to keep George just out of reach.

Dream was always so honest, so unfiltered, going and saying whatever he wanted with no worries about how it came off.

But now, George could tell that him being here, living in Dream's home, made the other guarded.

Over time, it was sure to fade, but, George wanted to skip the awkward tension, go immediately into that casual camaraderie that Dream already built with Sapnap.

It was frustrating to see that, watch like George was just barely outside of it, as Sapnap would joke and playfully mess with Dream.

Maybe he was a little jealous.

Though, George didn't really do anything to bridge the gap, that nagging intruder feeling holding him back. Since he just forced his way here, making Dream marry him on top of it all, just to be a center part of his and Sapnap's lives.

And now...

He didn't know what to do from here. He made it all this way, after all this time.

George positioned the last item on his shelf, now completing his move back into his room, where he would stay at least for the next year.

He just couldn't shake the feeling that he expected something more.

-

"George, it's time for your initiation."

Sapnap's words caught George's attention, blinking in confusion on what that statement could entail, especially so out of the blue. Like, this didn't pertain to any subject that they were conversing about.

"Sapnap," Dream warned, giving him a reproachful look, as he probably knew what Sapnap was planning, already had this discussion and most likely dissuaded him from trying to do it.

That sparked George's interest, wanting to be in on what the two already seemed to know, a pang in his heart realizing he was left out of it.

He needed to catch up.

"Like initiation for living here?" George questioned slowly, continuing when Sapnap nodded with a sly smirk, "What is it?"

Dream blew out a tired breath, "You don't anything to prove, George. No reason for you to go along with whatever weird thing Sapnap planned."