ch. 14

Things kept happening.

Neither of them were willing to let up.

Dream felt the line blur impossibly further, how they skirted so dangerously near the edge of more.

Of what more really meant.

There was no way to stop the direction both were recklessly speeding into.

Basically, it was only a matter of time.

Dream had many instances in which he almost did something, almost let the magnetic pull spur him into action, into a full confirmation.

Every time, he was able to stop himself, luckily, as any rash move could be detrimental and far too implusive, surely going to put at least an awkward strain on his relationship with George.

But, deep down Dream knew it wouldn't. He just didn't want to cause a mess he couldn't fix.

Even still, there were a few times in which he decided to heedlessly go forward into possible disaster.

The first major account was a few weeks ago.

It all started with Dream feeling the need to bother George, a situation he often found himself in.

George was trying to do some work, something Dream deemed of lesser importance, of course. George was trying to act all stern and annoyed, but, soon melted and let Dream have his way, deciding to put his work aside.

But, now Dream had flipped to the other side, advocating for George to stay focused, get the job done and persevere. And, Dream would just be nearby, simply supporting George, nothing else.

George raised an eyebrow at that, sure there was no way Dream would sit all quiet and still, questioning why the sudden change in attitude as that definitely meant Dream was up to something.

George was obviously right as Dream was currently making himself comfortable right on George's lap.

"What is wrong with you?"

Dream was mulling over his position, at first thinking it best to face away from George, but, maybe he should turn around instead. "There's nowhere else to sit. What am I supposed to do? Sit on the floor?!"

George was trying not to laugh, since that would only encourage Dream, but, it was difficult not to. "I can't even see the screen with your huge head in the way."

Dream huffed a breath, like he was the one inconvenienced by George and not the other way around. "Fine," he replied, spinning around to come face to face with George.

George looked at him, incrediously. "Has anyone ever told you that you're a little bit clingy?"

"Don't know why that would ever come up," Dream hummed, grin so cheeky and mind steering away from his original objective now that he had George trapped like this.

George gestured at the nonexistent space between them. "Exhibit A."

"Inconclusive," Dream determined, scooting even closer, "This proves nothing."

"You have no chance at detective work. Also," George mused, seeming to survey the way they were currently sitting, "Wouldn't it be better for me to be on top?"

Dream immediately grinned. Innuendo here we go. "George, you wanna top? I didn't think this would turn so dirty."

George pushed Dream's chest away, even though he didn't budge. "Get your mind out of the gutter. It's just logical, since you're the taller one, it makes sense."

"Hm, but, I like it here."

George swallowed thickly. Like. Dream said that before, in a situation that was far too similar to the one transpiring at this moment. He almost wanted to say something again, see how Dream would react.